HP prime memory
04-07-2015, 03:39 AM
HP prime memory
Hi, i'm new to the forums. I was trying to put some PDFs on my prime but i can only seem to put 2 max. when i try to put the 3rd one the HP freezes and the connectivity kit also does. each pdf is about 800 KB. is it because there is not enough space? i've tried with diferent files but they are about the same size. they are the only things i've ever put on my prime.

i used Mviewer GX to convert the PDFs into programs.

sorry for my bad english.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2015, 03:58 AM
RE: HP prime memory
(04-07-2015 03:39 AM)xgarlanx Wrote:  Hi, i'm new to the forums. I was trying to put some PDFs on my prime but i can only seem to put 2 max. when i try to put the 3rd one the HP freezes and the connectivity kit also does. each pdf is about 800 KB. is it because there is not enough space? i've tried with diferent files but they are about the same size. they are the only things i've ever put on my prime.

i used Mviewer GX to convert the PDFs into programs.

sorry for my bad english.

Hi xgarlanx. Your prime has two different memories... flash (where you store your Programs and notes: about 200Mb, real capacity 190Mb or so...) and the RAM (32Mb total, less than a half can be used by the user). It is possible that the RAM is full of information and cause failures in the calculator, since the Flash storage space is larger and causes no problem. I suggest you to restart the calculator with SYMB + ON keys to free up RAM memory. Tell us if the problem was solved.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
View PNG/JPG in your Prime
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2015, 04:36 AM
No. Even after restarting the HP, when i connect it to the computer using the connectivity kit after i put the second pdf in it, if i try to see the contents of the programs ''folder'' on the calculator or try to right click and refresh the calculator the kit seem to try read the 2 installed programs and freezes. The calculator also freezes sometimes. If i just try to add a 3rd one without cheking the contents of the calculator, both of them freeze anyway Sad

Any 2 programs are fine, i have something like 20 and tested various combinations, but on the 3rd one it always freezes.

i'm using my 50g for now because i know how to view pdfs in it, but it would be a lot better on my prime.
Find all posts by this user
04-07-2015, 04:49 AM
(04-07-2015 04:36 AM)xgarlanx Wrote:  No. Even after restarting the HP, when i connect it to the computer using the connectivity kit after i put the second pdf in it, if i try to see the contents of the programs ''folder'' on the calculator or try to right click and refresh the calculator the kit seem to try read the 2 installed programs and freezes. The calculator also freezes sometimes. If i just try to add a 3rd one without cheking the contents of the calculator, both of them freeze anyway Sad

Any 2 programs are fine, i have something like 20 and tested various combinations, but on the 3rd one it always freezes.

i'm using my 50g for now because i know how to view pdfs in it, but it would be a lot better on my prime.

I think then that is a problem of instability of the firmware. There always have been problems with the way in which programs run, especially those created by gxcreator for viewing images and documents (which for now are horrible loops of pixel by pixel commands). Try to make your file doesn't exceed 300KB of memory, so you can preserve the integrity of the system. If anyone knows more please I will be interested to know, I'm a fan of the files on the Prime.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
View PNG/JPG in your Prime
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)