Vintage HP Calculators on TAS
04-14-2015, 02:42 AM
Vintage HP Calculators on TAS
It appears as if one person has placed a large quantity of vintage HP calculators on eBay. Various sellers names such as: fontainebleau123, applefan876 and bestbuy38 all list Alexandria, VA as their location. Seems rather odd that such a large group of HP vintage calculators would all of a sudden appear for sale from three different individuals in the same town. It just caused me to be curious, especially since the prices are at a premium.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: Vintage HP Calculators on TAS
(04-14-2015 02:42 AM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  It appears as if one person has placed a large quantity of vintage HP calculators on eBay. Various sellers names such as: fontainebleau123, applefan876 and bestbuy38 all list Alexandria, VA as their location. Seems rather odd that such a large group of HP vintage calculators would all of a sudden appear for sale from three different individuals in the same town. It just caused me to be curious, especially since the prices are at a premium.

I've no idea if thay are all the same person or not, but I've purchased items from each of them (or him? - or her?) in the past year and all have been smooth deals with nice products and no issues.

The most likely explanation, independent of if these are the same seller or not, is someone in that area sold off a large collection and the seller(s) bought them to resell on TAS; it's really quite common. Late last year, a Forum member sold most of his collection (normal story, getting older, no storage room, etc.) and within about 2 weeks the items showed up on TAS from several different familiar sellers. If happens more often than you might think. And thank goodness for that!

--Bob Prosperi
04-14-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: Vintage HP Calculators on TAS
I'm not commenting on this specific incident, but in general, if an unsuspected trove of goodies turns up, 'flooding' a market, regardless of the # of sellers doing it, would not be a good idea.

If a 'trove' turns up, keep it secret, dribble the stuff out, and make more money by keeping all your buyers thinking all your wares are more rare than they really are.

This has been an Adam Smith moment, brought to you by the fine folks at Cosolidated Lint, Incorporated.

Wink

2speed HP41CX,int2XMEM+ZEN, HPIL+DEVEL, HPIL+X/IO, I/R, 82143, 82163, 82162 -25,35,45,55,65,67,70,80

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)