HP Prime tribute video
01-08-2014, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 08:40 AM by Kevin Ouellet.)
HP Prime tribute video
Back in May 2010, I made a Youtube video paying tribute to the then-new Axe Parser language for the TI-83 Plus and 84 Plus series (which revived the platform). The video showcased various animations and games to show what could be done with what would finally bridge the gap between the crippled BASIC and difficult ASM languages.

Three years later, here comes a second tribute video from me, done in a similar fashion, but this time for the new and revolutionary HP Prime graphing calculator! This video showcases several programs that people have made or are working on using the HP PPL programming language available on this 400 MHz ARM device that has 32 MB of RAM and 256 MB of Flash, and this is only the beginning, as the unit has not yet been pushed to its limits!

In case anyone wants the song, it's made by Albion and it's called No Way Home. Most programs in this video are made by various members of the HP Prime community, in particular from here and the two HP Prime sub-forums on Omnimaga. Since the HP Prime came out, Cemetech and the main Nspire hacking headquarter TI-Planet have taken interest in this calculator from Hewlett-Packard too and from the latter site, came a third-party linking software. I am happy that people from so-called TI sites are finally taking interest in HP stuff, especially with the Apple/Sony-like anti-3rd-party-dev moves that Texas Instruments have pulled on the TI community instead of fixing years-old bugs. We can't wait to see what programmers have in store for this new machine.

Enjoy the video!

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 12:18 AM
RE: HP Prime tribute video
Inspiring. I think I'll write some more code.

It'd be nice to have links to all the programs somewhere.

How did you get your Prime to play that music? :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)