VCF East 10.0 - Any HP Fans Attending?
02-19-2015, 07:16 PM
VCF East 10.0 - Any HP Fans Attending?
The Vintage Computing Festival, VCF East 10.0, is coming up on April 17-19. This festival is a lot of fun, especially if you are into older computers - everything from big iron to old personal computers. Following is link:

VCF East 10.0

They have some great exhibitions of equipment as well as great sessions. I'm interested in the ones by Wes Clark (LINC, MIT computers, the Arpanet) and Bob Frankston (co-developed VisiCalc).

The Festival is held at InfoAge Science Center, which is at the old Camp Evans base in Wall, New Jersey. This is just south of New York City and just north of where I live.

Please let me know if you might be attending. It would be fun to get a group of HP fans together during the festival.

Hope to see you there.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 02:23 PM
RE: VCF East 10.0 - Any HP Fans Attending?
Just a reminder that the VCF East 10.0 is two weeks away.

This is a really fun event for anyone who appreciates older computer hardware.

Please let me know if you are planning on attending. It would be great to get together with some of the HP Forum members and finally meet you.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
04-02-2015, 07:32 PM
(04-02-2015 02:23 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Just a reminder that the VCF East 10.0 is two weeks away.

This is a really fun event for anyone who appreciates older computer hardware.

Please let me know if you are planning on attending. It would be great to get together with some of the HP Forum members and finally meet you.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

I plan to come, most likely on Sunday. Send me your email / contact info and I'll work out when / where to meet, etc. Want last year for the furst time, was far larger than I had guessed, with lots more HP stuff than I guessed, though no calculators on the day I went.

Lookig forward to it.

--Bob Prosperi
04-03-2015, 04:25 PM
(04-02-2015 07:32 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I plan to come, most likely on Sunday. Send me your email / contact info and I'll work out when / where to meet, etc. Want last year for the furst time, was far larger than I had guessed, with lots more HP stuff than I guessed, though no calculators on the day I went.

Lookig forward to it.

Hi Bob,

Fantastic. Will be great to meet you.

I have sent you an email with my email/phone.

Anyone else planning to attend?

Bill
Smithville, NJ
04-03-2015, 05:56 PM
(04-03-2015 04:25 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Anyone else planning to attend?

I'm hoping to be there too, not sure which day just yet. I'll be in touch....

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2015, 06:11 PM
(04-03-2015 05:56 PM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  I'm hoping to be there too, not sure which day just yet. I'll be in touch....

Fantastic! I'm planning on attending both Sat & Sun.

Anyone else planning on attending?

Bill
Smithville, NJ
04-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Just found out this morning that Wes Clark cannot speak at the VCF East next weekend.

But they have a replacement speaker - Brian Kernighan. Brian is the 'C' language co-inventor - so should be a great talk.

Hope to see some of you there.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)