DM-41
05-01-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: DM-41
(05-01-2015 08:13 AM)Tugdual Wrote:  I don't really understand the excitement and buzz with the DM products.
The keyboard doesn't seem of any practical use, it is totally light weight, so I really don't see me using it for real purposes. I would even tend to think that a phone emulation would be of more use.
So is there any real interest or is it just geek buzz (which I can understand by the way Smile no blaming here)?

The screen is nice, the keyboard seems quite durable, the tactile feedback is great (there is never a question about missing a keystroke) and the form factor is great. This may be the first programmable pocket calculator that is so compact that one never has any excuse for leaving it at home.

Sure you could use a phone, but why complain about the keyboard and then suggest a phone emulator? Anyway a phone based emulator doesn't run for years on a single coin cell...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2015, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 04:37 AM by DMaier.)
RE: DM-41
I don't think it's possible to change fonts (based on the two possible definitions of '7' that have occurred to me). Also, I'm wondering what the T+X and COR shifted functions do. If you hold COR, it shows CORRECT in the display - no doubt some form of positive reinforcement.

EDIT: T+X and CORRECT are covered on page 238 of the HP-41CX Owner's Manual Volume 2. CORRECT adjusts the "accuracy factor" of the internal clock. T+X is used to alter the clock for time zone and daylight savings time adjustments.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)