41CL Hepax question
04-30-2015, 04:02 PM
41CL Hepax question
Ok, so here's what I was wondering.

Suppose my setup includes the Hepax rom (HEP2) in page 8 and I set up 4K of Hepax ram in page F.

I copy programs I want to that ram page and fill it up.

If I then remove the Hepax rom image from the setup, the 4K ram programs in the Hepax ram page still run and execute. At least, they did a few minutes ago.

So, once you create Hepax ram pages on the 41CL, you can save them to locations in the flash or ram. To use them, is the Hepax rom really not required?

Do you have to have the 4K space of the Hepax rom used or is it only needed to create and fill the hepax ram pages?

Sorry if it is a dumb question.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2015, 04:21 PM
RE: 41CL Hepax question
(04-30-2015 04:02 PM)Gene Wrote:  Ok, so here's what I was wondering.

Suppose my setup includes the Hepax rom (HEP2) in page 8 and I set up 4K of Hepax ram in page F.

I copy programs I want to that ram page and fill it up.

If I then remove the Hepax rom image from the setup, the 4K ram programs in the Hepax ram page still run and execute. At least, they did a few minutes ago.

So, once you create Hepax ram pages on the 41CL, you can save them to locations in the flash or ram. To use them, is the Hepax rom really not required?

Do you have to have the 4K space of the Hepax rom used or is it only needed to create and fill the hepax ram pages?

Sorry if it is a dumb question.

Are you sure the programs were actually running from the copy in the HEPAX RAM? I understood the HRAM was "off-line" in the sense that files in there are not visible in the normal file chains searched when you run something by XEQ "PROGRAM". Maybe there were still copies in normal RAM?

That said, the HRAM is indeed preserved when the HEPAX ROM is removed; when initialized the HRAM has a valid header, etc. so it can continue to exist in a "ROM" page until removed properly (or over-written).

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)