CAS Plot and Function copy-pasting
05-05-2015, 05:28 AM
CAS Plot and Function copy-pasting
Hi, Ive been looking all over the web for this. When I use plotfunc() in CAS mode the calc displays a tiny plot. My first question is: How do I make this plot larger? or better yet how can I plot the equation using the Advanced Plot app without having to re-type the entire equation in the app?

For example, Ill use CAS mode to convert a function into a taylor series, Now I want to copy-paste that (very long) taylor series in the plot window, but I cant because CAS uses lowercase variables and the rest of the apps use Upper case, so I have to retype the entire taylor series with upper case just to plot it, or else I have to stick with the tiny useless plot of the CAS window.

Any thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 07:23 AM
RE: CAS Plot and Function copy-pasting
Apps>>Geometry>>Symb>>Menu>>Get from CAS>>click on tiny picture>>enter>>Plot
05-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Exactly what I needed!!! Thank you very much!

While we are at it, let me ask a couple of more questions, Again, in my Hp50g I have an Autoscale function on the plot, here on the geometry plot it seems that the autoscale zoom is all over the place.

And second, on the geometry plot, is there a way to "snap" the cursor in to the graph such as the 'Trace' function used on the 48 and 50g plots?
05-06-2015, 02:52 AM
no Tracing ....but a good Plot setup and a good idea about the plot before the plotting enhances your displayed plot...use the Cmds>>Point to "trace" the plot.
05-06-2015, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 03:40 AM by AnalogJoe.)
thank you very much toshk!

Althou I would still would like to know how to copy paste a CAS function into a non CAS window such as "function" the only thing I need is to somehow convert the funciton from lower case to upper case and viceversa.
05-10-2015, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2015 09:43 AM by Marcus von Cube.)
(05-06-2015 03:39 AM)AnalogJoe Wrote:  Althou I would still would like to know how to copy paste a CAS function into a non CAS window such as "function" the only thing I need is to somehow convert the funciton from lower case to upper case and viceversa.

You should be able to define a CAS function on the fly with the result of your series expansion as its definition, something like f(x):=....

Then use f(X) in the plot setup.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)