ILPer v1.51 Update
05-05-2015, 08:42 PM
ILPer v1.51 Update
(02-05-2015 02:59 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Please have ILPer display only the name of the currently open LIF File. It currently displays the full path and filename, and of course the path is so long, the actual filename is not visible in that file window without clicking the "..." button to launch the File Open dialog.

There're no new features in the pipe at the moment, so I decided to publish the workaround I made in February. Showing only the filename is not possible without some bigger changes in program logic, because the edit field is the storage location of the full qualified filename. The actual solution shows the end of the full qualified filename in the edit field now.

The modified program version and the IPv6 version are available at http://hp.giesselink.com/.

Also some good news for those who want to play with the sources of the Virtual HP-IL device implementations but had no compiler to do this. The problem was, that the free Visual Studio Express 2013 Edition don't contain the files for creating programs base on the MFC framework. But some month ago MS published the Visual Studio Community 2013 Edition which contain all the necessary files to build the Virtual HP-IL devices. The license of the Community Edition is more strict than the license of the Express Edition, but no problem because you're modifying a software released under a Open Source Initiative (OSI)-approved open source software license.

The sources are made to compile with MSVC 6.0, so the sources of each project need one minor modification. The line including a XML script in the .rc file of each preject

1 24 MOVEABLE PURE "res\\???.xml"

must be removed. The compiler warnings can be ignored.

Christoph
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2015, 01:10 AM
RE: ILPer v1.51 Update
(05-05-2015 08:42 PM)Christoph Giesselink Wrote:  There're no new features in the pipe at the moment, so I decided to publish the workaround I made in February. Showing only the filename is not possible without some bigger changes in program logic, because the edit field is the storage location of the full qualified filename. The actual solution shows the end of the full qualified filename in the edit field now.
Christoph

Thanks Christoph, this accomplishes the goal perfectly.

Sorry for my late reply, I've been away with an injury, and am trying to catch up with nearly a month of Forum traffic. Feels like I won't catch up for quite a while...

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)