New Prime Firmware! [Rev. 7820]
05-14-2015, 05:23 PM
RE: New Prime Firmware! [Rev. 7820 Main Thread]
It is specific to what you type right now.

There are definitely improvements we'd like to further do, but some depend on some additionally planned items. Suggestions are always welcome of course!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2015, 05:34 PM
(05-14-2015 03:22 PM)René Franquinet Wrote:  Hi Wolfgang, may we consider this a German bug ?

Isn't all german a bug? :-D <kidding, kidding>

Oops. Looks like the translation got crossed somewhere. I've corrected it back.

TW

05-14-2015, 05:40 PM
The Digit grouping issue is really annoying and I must admit that I don't know if it is
this update that caused it or if it has been there earlier since I'm new to the Prime.
Tried to downgrade the emulator but failed and am stuck with the 7820 version.

Verified and every setting other than 123456,789 or 123456.789 causes misinterpretation of the stored values. Behaviour is the same on the real calculator.
05-14-2015, 06:12 PM
I got the new connkit and virtual calc update today. Great!

(05-14-2015 04:42 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Not a 'real' breakpoint, but do you know that you can add a 'debug;' statement in a program and it will act as a breakpoint?

I know now! Thanks again, Cyrille. I'm really glad you and Wessman are here for us! Smile

In other news:

In the help text for the debug menu, it says that "it displays the current and next instruction" if output listing isn't available. Under what cases is this true? I can't think of any.

I tried out the icon feature! If you put a file called "icon.png" in AFiles, it will change the app icon. In the connkit, I can't delete app files, though. That's annoying. Also, it seems CTRL+S to save doesn't work anymore.

Speaking of icon.png, can I do other things with AFiles right now? Say, use it as a better version of ICON? An uses right now?
05-14-2015, 07:44 PM
(05-14-2015 05:23 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  It is specific to what you type right now.

There are definitely improvements we'd like to further do, but some depend on some additionally planned items. Suggestions are always welcome of course!

If the user could have a choice, that would be the most flexible and very welcomed - - automatic for all variables to display with their step-by-step values - - or add/delete them manually, like now!
05-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Many people seem to have difficulty updating the Prime calculator. Just update connectivity kit and update the calculator (or automatically if connected). Works perfectly with Windows 10 Insider Preview, do people really use XP ?
The update adds calendar functions that brings the Prime at level with my 12C and high end graphic functions who will keep me awake just learning them.

Regards.
05-15-2015, 05:38 PM
(05-15-2015 05:00 PM)markos malliarakis Wrote:  Many people seem to have difficulty updating the Prime calculator. Just update connectivity kit and update the calculator (or automatically if connected). Works perfectly with Windows 10 Insider Preview, do people really use XP ?
The update adds calendar functions that brings the Prime at level with my 12C and high end graphic functions who will keep me awake just learning them.

Regards.

That was my plan...

My pc/Win7 didn't work out as planned.

YMMV
05-15-2015, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 07:20 PM by Eddie W. Shore.)
Well I know what I'll be doing tonight. Nice surprise and a great way to start the weekend! Smile

Spoiler Alert: DDAYS, DATEADD, and DATEDAY are now added. If only the next five or so hours can fly by so work can end. Yes, the addition of the DDAYS function alone has me excited, it is one of my most favorite calculator functions of all time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2015, 07:31 PM
(05-15-2015 07:16 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Spoiler Alert: DDAYS, DATEADD, and DATEDAY are now added. If only the next five or so hours can fly by so work can end. Yes, the addition of the DDAYS function alone has me excited, it is one of my most favorite calculator functions of all time.

I agree!
these are very interesting and so we can think, now, to develop something to increase the financial functions of the Prime (like the 12C, maybe) Smile

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
05-15-2015, 08:01 PM
Quick question:

Whatever happened to S1Type, S2Type, etc. for the Statistics2Var app?
05-15-2015, 09:06 PM
(05-15-2015 08:01 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Quick question:

S1(4):=num, etc instead. Type S1 and you will see a nice list containing your definition. You may store directly to a specific item, the whole list in one go, etc. I added to my note on the first post to detail that once someone reminded me.

Basically, when we begin allowing you to add more definition in your symbolic view having specific named commands for the *5* definitions falls apart.

TW

05-16-2015, 12:50 AM
(05-15-2015 09:06 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(05-15-2015 08:01 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Quick question:

S1(4):=num, etc instead. Type S1 and you will see a nice list containing your definition. You may store directly to a specific item, the whole list in one go, etc. I added to my note on the first post to detail that once someone reminded me.

Basically, when we begin allowing you to add more definition in your symbolic view having specific named commands for the *5* definitions falls apart.

Interesting. Looking at the S1 list as a whole I gather that:

S1 = {column that contains x values, column that contains y values, frequency column, fit type, color of fit curve, mark type, color of marks}

Thanks, Tim and HP!
05-16-2015, 01:37 AM
(05-15-2015 09:06 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(05-15-2015 08:01 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  Whatever happened to S1Type, S2Type, etc. for the Statistics2Var app?

S1(4):=num, etc instead.

The online table of "Reserved Variables on the HP Prime" has been updated accordingly. If any other changes are needed, please PM me.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
05-18-2015, 05:09 AM
What's the easiest way of upgrading firmware in 30 HP Primes? Could that be done wirelessly?

Cheers!
05-18-2015, 05:31 AM
Where I can find a list of changes/but fixes in the new firmware?

Thanks!
05-18-2015, 06:09 AM
(05-18-2015 05:31 AM)mcjtom Wrote:  Where I can find a list of changes/but fixes in the new firmware?
Thanks!
The "real" Main Thread is here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-3823.html
There you can find also the list of improvements to the prime.

According your other question:
updating the prime works best via connectivity kit and USB 2.0, as far as i know there is no wireless connectivity between Prime and PC.
05-18-2015, 06:11 AM
Would anyone know what "Touch screen curve sketching and automatic recognition of curve type and equation fitting" - listed as firmware improvement - actually refers to? What app is that - Stats 2Var?

There supposed to be improvements to Stats Apps - is there a list of them somewhere?

Cheers!
05-18-2015, 06:38 AM
(05-18-2015 06:11 AM)mcjtom Wrote:  Would anyone know what "Touch screen curve sketching and automatic recognition of curve type and equation fitting" - listed as firmware improvement - actually refers to? What app is that - Stats 2Var? …
This feature is actually in the Function app. To try it out, select "Sketch…" from the "Fcn" menu of a plot view and then trace out a function with your finger. There is some discussion of the feature in the "Draw a function!" thread that Tim started.
05-18-2015, 02:54 PM
RE: New Prime Firmware! [Rev. 7820]
(05-18-2015 05:09 AM)mcjtom Wrote:  What's the easiest way of upgrading firmware in 30 HP Primes? Could that be done wirelessly?

Cheers!

It cannot be done wireless at this moment. Might change in the future though. :-)

Note that you can flash multiple calculators at once. It seems to work best for me in the 4-6 range. We've tested it up to about 11 though. Plug in the calculators with USB wires, and then go to the Help-->Update Calculators menu item. you should see all 4 units listed in the little popup. You can then start the updater.

Additionally where the thread was shown you, if you look in the Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\firmware directory you will see the "release_info.txt" doc that has detailed release information beyond the little "high level blurb" that shows in the update window.

TW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)