Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: New Version: 2015.0427
Strange result with simplify :

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
05-14-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: New Version: 2015.0427 - Windows XP?
Hi Tim,

the emulator and conn kit install fine under Windows XP but they don't start: CancelloEx in KERNEL32.dll seems to be missing. Is there a workaround? If not, the installer should refuse to run under Windows XP.

I know XP is outdated and unsafe but I keep all my emulator stuff in a single virtual machine and there are some older applications which run better under XP then under its successors.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
05-14-2015, 10:07 AM
(05-14-2015 05:52 AM)Tyann Wrote:  Hello
I just erase all memory with ON+APPS+ESC .
Shift + Mem working now : Memory= 10.74 MB Storage= 1005 KB
The storage value is very low ?

I solved my problem with the C + F + O menu
Disk C formatting.
Storage = 197 MB.
05-14-2015, 10:09 AM
(05-14-2015 09:43 AM)phgerin Wrote:  Strange result with simplify :

also here, strange...

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-14-2015, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2015 11:48 AM by CR Haeger.)
Conn kit updated fine.

Emulator hangs at:

Waiting for connection...
C:/Users/.../PRIME_APP.DAT

Emulator is 2014 12 3 version
Windows 7

Any advice on how to successfully update the emulator? Or do I have to uninstall the old version and install a new (fresh) emulator?

Update: HHC update also failed due to USB driver fail at ~16% updated. Tried to use post #4 advice. Reset HHC with pin. Now HHC is just hung at

x^2+y^2=1 splash screen.

Damn..

Thanks
05-14-2015, 11:41 AM

bug?!

"Σ(10^6*x^2,x,1,10^5) Error:Invalid Dimension"
05-14-2015, 12:56 PM
(05-13-2015 11:08 PM)Tyann Wrote:  Hello
Problem on the Machine Build: Shift Mem causes a reboot.

I had the same problem with memory, matrix or list menu. It crashed the unit, not only on previuos firmwares, but with the latest one.

To solve it, I applied "restart" command from CAS, and changed Digit Grouping to "standard" HP way: I mean, no thousand separators and point on decimals. It worked without flashing it.
05-14-2015, 01:30 PM
(05-14-2015 09:43 AM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  the emulator and conn kit install fine under Windows XP but they don't start: CancelloEx in KERNEL32.dll seems to be missing. Is there a workaround?
Hi Marcus,

yes, I've just made a patch for the emulator and the connectivity kit, which allows using them in WinXP.

The 'quick and dirty' method is to use CancelIo instead of CancelIoEx by just overwriting the 2 letters Ex with 2 zero bytes (0x00) (can be done with every hexeditor).
But since this new API function CancelIoEx uses a 2nd parameter (which is always 0 in both programs), it is safer to also remove pushing this 2nd parameter to the stack when calling this function - and that's exactly what my patch does!

I've tried both patched programs on my WinXP partition:
1) the emulator works perfectly!
2) the connectivity kit is also working, only if you use it together with the emulator, then you get a Windows error message whenever you close the connkit or the emulator (there seems to be any other XP incompatibility in Qt5).
So maybe it's better to use the previous connkit version from Dec. 2014, which has no problems in WinXP.

If you want to try it - I've attached my patch for the emulator and connkit:
just unzip the files to your emulator and/or connkit folder and run 'Patch.bat'.
BTW, you can always restore the original (unpatched) versions by simply running 'Patch.bat' again (it works like a toggle).

Regards,
Franz.

Attached File(s)
.zip  PrimeXP_fix.zip (Size: 27.36 KB / Downloads: 15)
05-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Hello

Il me semble qu'il y a un problème avec l'utilisation du mode USER
dans l'éditeur de programme.
Cela met le bazar dans le code.

It seems to me that there is a problem with using USER mode
in the program editor .
This messes in code.
05-14-2015, 05:29 PM
(05-14-2015 08:52 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  I don't see DATEDAY in the catalog. What does it do? Is it like DAYOFWEEK?

Yes. I had the wrong name in the notes. Sorry about that. I've fixed in the original post.

Quote:What does Help mean by "the individual integer at position MEMORY"? Is it like PEEK in BASIC?

What you've found is a problem with our tool for handling translations. :-)

That should be "at position n" instead.

Basically, MEMORY gives you two integers representing RAM/STORAGE free. MEMORY(1) returns the first item in the list, MEMORY(2) returns the second.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-14-2015, 06:12 PM
(05-13-2015 05:48 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Have fun!

Hey Tim Smile First of all thanks a lot for the new firmware, it's so great Smile !!!

Please can you add Fourier Transform & Mutiple Equation System Solver? Smile
I mean any grade of variable {x^3;y^4}, for example:
NSolve[2*x^2-3*y^3-4*z^6 ; 5*x^3+3*z^4-5*y^4 ; x^3+4*y^2+8*z^3,{x,y,z}]

Please Smile !!
05-14-2015, 07:44 PM
(05-14-2015 06:12 PM)Archanus Wrote:  Please can you add Fourier Transform ...

hi Arcanus,
now there are, finally!, fourier_an(), fourier_bn() and fourier_cn() (see in the Catalog).

Then see also my contribute (and the thread with Han and so on) about Classic Fourier Series here.
Last my request (like your) about Fourier Transform (not FFT) here.

:-)

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
05-14-2015, 08:06 PM
(05-14-2015 07:44 PM)salvomic Wrote:  now there are, finally!, fourier_an(), fourier_bn() and fourier_cn() (see in the Catalog).

Oops. Those were meant to be in the changelog too. In case you haven't figured it out, the items that tend to show up in there are very often traceable back to a post on a forum somewhere.

I'll modify the top level note in the original post.

TW

05-14-2015, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2015 09:24 PM by CR Haeger.)
(05-14-2015 11:34 AM)CR Haeger Wrote:  Conn kit updated fine.

Emulator hangs at:

Waiting for connection...
C:/Users/.../PRIME_APP.DAT

Emulator is 2014 12 3 version
Windows 7

Any advice on how to successfully update the emulator? Or do I have to uninstall the old version and install a new (fresh) emulator?

Update: HHC update also failed due to USB driver fail at ~16% updated. Tried to use post #4 advice. Reset HHC with pin. Now HHC is just hung at

x^2+y^2=1 splash screen.

Damn..

Thanks

Sorry to quote myself.

Able to update HHC. Required tech support to walk me through pin/SYMB key reset followed by use of the (emailed) Prime recovery tool, used in win safe mode. This was followed by updating the firmware of the Prime via the Conn Kit, again in safe mode.

Emulator still hangs "waiting for connection".

Any ideas to update the emulator?
05-15-2015, 02:43 AM
(05-14-2015 09:22 PM)CR Haeger Wrote:  Any ideas to update the emulator?

Download the installer from the FTP at the top post. Install. :-)

TW

05-15-2015, 01:14 PM
CancelIO / CancelIOEx
Hello,

CancelIOEx is used in the emulator/con kit in order to cancel pending IO operations (USB or named pipe) which are used for communicating between the calculator and the conkit when the system detects that something went 'wrong' in order to try to 'restart' the communication.

There is a 'watchdog' thread which monitors what is happening and cancels any pending operation as part of cleanup when it detects that things go wrong.

Well, CancelIO does not work in this case as CancelIO only cancels IO operations that were started IN the thread in which it is called... CancelIOEx was created to remove this limitation and this is why it is used...

Unfortunately, it is not available on XP...

So, I guess the solution would be to let 'bad situation' stay 'bad' under XP instead of trying to fix them.

I will have to see if there is a way to only conditionally 'load' CancelIOEx so that cleanup can happen properly on vista and above but is not referenced at all under XP so that these programs keep working under XP.

Any clue there?

Cyrille
05-15-2015, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 01:56 PM by fhub.)
(05-15-2015 01:14 PM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  So, I guess the solution would be to let 'bad situation' stay 'bad' under XP instead of trying to fix them.

I will have to see if there is a way to only conditionally 'load' CancelIOEx so that cleanup can happen properly on vista and above but is not referenced at all under XP so that these programs keep working under XP.
Well, that's what my 'PrimeXP_fix' above does, but of course it should only be used if your run the emulator and/or connkit in WinXP (without this fix it won't run at all).
If CancelIO is really not working in this case, well then it works exactly as you suggest, i.e. it just does not cancel the 'bad situation'.
At least I've found no problems so far with my patched version.

Franz
05-15-2015, 03:22 PM
(05-15-2015 01:14 PM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  ...

Under Windows you could always (since Version 1.03, I think) link to a function using the GetProcAddress function. This is the classical way to link to DLLs at runtime instead of using the static pointers to DLL function contained in in library stubs in .LIB files.

MSDN gives the following example:
Code:

typedef void (WINAPI *PGNSI)(LPSYSTEM_INFO);

// Call GetNativeSystemInfo if supported or GetSystemInfo otherwise.

PGNSI pGNSI;
   SYSTEM_INFO si;

ZeroMemory(&si, sizeof(SYSTEM_INFO));

pGNSI = (PGNSI) GetProcAddress(
      GetModuleHandle(TEXT("kernel32.dll")), 
      "GetNativeSystemInfo");
   if(NULL != pGNSI)
   {
      pGNSI(&si);
   }
   else 
   {
       GetSystemInfo(&si);
   }

Best Regards, Martin
05-15-2015, 05:57 PM
(05-14-2015 07:44 PM)salvomic Wrote:  hi Arcanus,
now there are, finally!, fourier_an(), fourier_bn() and fourier_cn() (see in the Catalog).

:-)

Salvo

Heeey Salvo Smile !!!

Yes I saw your contribution of Fourier Transform but I did not understand :/ I realized that Fourier a, b & c are in the catalog Smile But Why not Tim put that command in the CAS-Calculus-Transform??? :/ It's more confortable to have there: Laplace; Inverse Laplace; Fourier; Inverse Fourier; FFT; Inverse FFT Smile !!!

And also the Multiple System Equation Solver of any grade Smile It would be so great if we can drag, copy and paste in CAS I mean you hold for 2 seconds and I can appear a menu that said: Copy, Move. Or simply you can select what you want like Classpad 2 Smile

I would like to create a Thread with all the Wishlist of the dear people for our powerful HP Prime Smile !!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)