Issue with Defined User function (in FW 7820)
05-14-2015, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 05:26 PM by salvomic.)
Issue with Defined User function (in FW 7820)
I had a few defined function (shift + D, and so on).
Now I find them in CK below "Variables" section, but each has "Error: Invalid Object" as value, and in the Prime doesn't work at all.

What happened?

Salvo

EDIT: I recreated one of it, then Prime reset as I refresh the calc in CK :-(
in Mem -> User Variables I find two of them with error, I delete them, but when Prime reset they are newly created...

Any help?

EDIT 2: after a restore the Prime doesn't reset, but if I cancel the last user variable ("ramp", ex definite function), and then I reset with on+Symb, the variable is recreated "magically"...

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Issue with Defined User function
I discovered that in r7820 setting HAngle doesn't work. Therefore your angle mode may be wrong for calculations that rely on HAngle for radian / degree mode selection.

I had a few programs that wouldn't work due to HAngle being ignored. The default setting was radians, but the programs used degree mode!
Find all posts by this user
05-15-2015, 08:05 AM
(05-14-2015 11:17 PM)DrD Wrote:  I discovered that in r7820 setting HAngle doesn't work. Therefore your angle mode may be wrong for calculations that rely on HAngle for radian / degree mode selection.

I had a few programs that wouldn't work due to HAngle being ignored. The default setting was radians, but the programs used degree mode!

here angles are Radiant in Home and CAS Settings.

In CK -> Variables I find always ramp (my function that was X=(X+abs(X))/2) and if I clic there I get "Error: Invalid object"; in the Prime Mem -> User Variables I have "Ramp (Error), if I delete it and reset (On+Symb) it return again...

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
05-15-2015, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 10:39 AM by salvomic.)
now I've restored from backup, I get no Defined functions in Define, but in Variables there are all my four functions, always as "Error: Object..."

I think the problem is between CK and that functionality in the Prime, and then back to it.

In Connection Kit I tried so: right clic on "Variables", Clear. Then refresh the calc: the four variables wasn't cancelled nor there nor in the Prime...

Anybody else noted this problem?

Salvo

UPDATE: test with emulator:
1. created a function: shift-D (Define), defined ramp as (X+ABS(X))/2
2. refresh in CK, in Variables is listed ramp
3. closed Emulator and restarted
4. shift-D (Define) -> Choose -> ramp -> Name: ramp, Function: #0:0h
5. in CK Variables -> ramp open and it has "Error: Invalid object"

A bug?
if so, a ...big bug Sad

However, I'm "limiting the issues" with this dirty solution: creating programs with the same name than the functions (and then deleting their names from Mem -> User Variables). But the last one (in my case "ramp") remain also if there is a program with the same name, also after reset. I dunno...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-15-2015, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 08:45 PM by salvomic.)
RE: Issue with Defined User function (in FW 7820)
after some tries I now have changed the value of "ramp" into 14, so the var now is Real.
I delete it with DelHVars("ramp"), it gives 1 (ok), the variable seems to be dead, but if I on/off the calc or refresh from CK, it magically reappear with its value (i.e 14)...
Better than "Error... object", but I would delete it *truly*...

However also in Emulator "Define" makes the same issues...

05-15-2015, 08:47 PM
please, help...

no one else has noted this problem?

I would like to avoid to other people to have the same issue creating custom functions with Define...

05-15-2015, 09:23 PM
Have the same issue with "#0:0h" where the function should be.
05-15-2015, 09:26 PM
(05-15-2015 09:23 PM)petaks01 Wrote:  Have the same issue with "#0:0h" where the function should be.

thank you.
I got this error both in the Prime and in the Emulator...

Please, following my report above, tell me if you get to delete the function (also after a reset): by me it return after the deletion, and it isn't possibile to delete it via CK...

Salvo

05-15-2015, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 09:36 PM by Arno K.)
Hello Salvo,
I must admit that I had a similar problem with some cas-vars after the update, they had been fourier_an, fourier_bn and fourier_cn, their names were gone, the value (the program) still there, it were invalid objects, I could easily get rid of them on the calculator as well as in the emulator using SHIFT-mem and delete, as they had no name purge couldn't be used.
As I am very pragmatic I ususally believe in some of the rules by Murphy, on top of them: What can happen will happen. So I have not only backups of the contense of my prime and the virtual calc, each program file sits in a folder on my harddisk (and another copy on a micro-SD). So I have no problem doing a hard-reset.
Well, I think you can't easily manage this, as you are desperatedly looking for help. What about making copying all files from the calc to the ConnKit, hard-resetting the calc and then playing back the copied files one by one to see, which file was causing these Problems.
Arno
05-15-2015, 09:42 PM
(05-15-2015 09:35 PM)Arno K Wrote:  Hello Salvo,
So I have no problem doing a hard-reset.
Well, I think you can't easily manage this, as you are desperatedly looking for help. What about making copying all files from the calc to the ConnKit, hard-resetting the calc and then playing back the copied files one by one to see, which file was causing these Problems.

hi Arno,
I've a backup, indeed. I've a backup from first of upgrade and one after it.
I tried already with two (soft?) reset: on+Symb, then with the "hole" behind the calc...
I got rid of all others invalid objects but not of the last of them, that now I've -in some way- changed into a "real" (14).
I tried more time to delete in two way: shift-mem -> User variables -> Delete and DelHVars("ramp") (as ramp is its name), it go away but after the reset or only after the refresh in CK the object ...reappear, magically ;-)

In CK Variables -> Clear does nothing, instead.

Salvo

05-15-2015, 09:47 PM
Deletion from calc worked as expected and the stored function did NOT return after power cycling.
05-15-2015, 09:49 PM
(05-15-2015 09:47 PM)petaks01 Wrote:  Deletion from calc worked as expected and the stored function did NOT return after power cycling.

ok, thank you!
I would like to understand why by me it returns...

05-15-2015, 10:06 PM
Followed the manual and entered the SINCOS example and now I can open and edit the function BUT the input variable checkmarks are not saved in the emulator. All variables are getting marked as inputs as soon as I enter or exit the editor.

Unfortunately it is way past my bedtime and I have to recharge my own batteries Wink
05-15-2015, 10:36 PM
(05-15-2015 09:42 PM)salvomic Wrote:  
(05-15-2015 09:35 PM)Arno K Wrote:  Hello Salvo,
So I have no problem doing a hard-reset.

hi Arno,
I've a backup, indeed. I've a backup from first of upgrade and one after it.
I tried already with two (soft?) reset: on+Symb, then with the "hole" behind the calc...
I got rid of all others invalid objects but not of the last of them, that now I've -in some way- changed into a "real" (14).
I tried more time to delete in two way: shift-mem -> User variables -> Delete and DelHVars("ramp") (as ramp is its name), it go away but after the reset or only after the refresh in CK the object ...reappear, magically ;-)

In CK Variables -> Clear does nothing, instead.

Salvo

Hi Salvo,
in your place I would expect it to be a fault of the CK, it seems to "reinstall" some variables after Connection so:

First try clearing the folders in 'MyDocuments/HP Connectivity Kit' on your PC, restart the Prime with 'Esc Apps On' or something with the paperclip and connect it to the PC, if this works, reinstall one program after the other.
If this doesn't work, do a clean reinstall of the CK (even check the registry for remainders of the CK and delete them), rename 'MyDocuments/HP Connectivits Kit' to whatever you want, reset the calc and reinstall the CK.
From my side the CK seems to have some problems connecting to the calcs and getting the values of variables, I sometimes cannot open/edit them
Arno
05-15-2015, 10:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2015 10:48 PM by petaks01.)
Stranger by the minute...

Tried to define your Ramp function in my emulator.

Called it in function plot app

Result...

Have NOT tried to connect with CK yet, my guess is that the errors will turn up then.
05-16-2015, 05:30 AM
(05-15-2015 10:36 PM)Arno K Wrote:  ...

First try clearing the folders in 'MyDocuments/HP Connectivity Kit' on your PC, restart the Prime with 'Esc Apps On' ...

From my side the CK seems to have some problems connecting to the calcs and getting the values of variables, I sometimes cannot open/edit them
Arno

thank you, I'll try in the afternoon...
but the problem there is also without CK: I can delete the variable in the calc, but after the reset (on+symb or hole) it returns, I was able to delete every others, but not that...
ok, I'll try with Esc App On, then with a backup or "program by program", but I don't think be the programs...

(05-15-2015 10:45 PM)petaks01 Wrote:  Stranger by the minute...

Have NOT tried to connect with CK yet, my guess is that the errors will turn up then.

yes, sure.
Also in emulator, a function works, then at some point it goes in "error" as "error object", and so on...

I hope the HP Team could make some tests...

Salvo

05-16-2015, 03:47 PM
for now I made another try in Emulator:
there was the last variable (created with Define), named "ramp", I had changed its value in 14;
I created a new function with Define: "gigi" as "X+1"
refreshed the Emulator via CK
I had two variables: ramp -> 14, gigi -> Error object...
deleted "ramp" via DelHVars("ramp")
ok, it remains "gigi", also after close and restart, or only after the refresh.

Conclusion: we can delete every variables, but not the last one.

???

05-25-2015, 03:37 PM
(05-14-2015 09:53 PM)salvomic Wrote:  I had a few defined function (shift + D, and so on).
Now I find them in CK below "Variables" section, but each has "Error: Invalid Object" as value, and in the Prime doesn't work at all.

What happened?

Salvo

EDIT: I recreated one of it, then Prime reset as I refresh the calc in CK :-(
in Mem -> User Variables I find two of them with error, I delete them, but when Prime reset they are newly created...

Any help?

EDIT 2: after a restore the Prime doesn't reset, but if I cancel the last user variable ("ramp", ex definite function), and then I reset with on+Symb, the variable is recreated "magically"...

I can confirm:

Define a function, works OK until the user resets the calc via On-Symb. After that, the defined function shows up an NaN in the Mem Catalog, and a call to that function results in an error!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)