FRAM71 Initialization in Articles Forum
11-01-2015, 03:07 PM
FRAM71 Initialization in Articles Forum
Great job Sylvain! I share some of your scars in my own explorations, but that's part of what makes this fun and interesting.

This is a very clear and useful how-to article with some basic (but very useful) recipes on how to configure FRAM71. Although the actual process of configuring FRAM71 is extremely simple, knowing what actually happens (and why) and what is affected (obvious and subtle) when you make these changes is well explained.

[Suggestion: Add a PDF version to download when you have time.]

Recommended for all FRAM71 users, expert and novice alike.

Dave Frederickson has also recently made several interesting posts on FRAM71, providing some docs and tools to explore, as well as some interesting discoveries, but there has been hardly a reply. Come-on FRAM71 users, join the discussion and share your comments and your own discoveries.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 04:16 AM
RE: FRAM71 Initialization in Articles Forum
That article and Sylvains work is why we come back every hour!

Thanks Sylvain,

I am having fun now and will get the system set up ASAP.

CHEERS, Geoff
11-02-2015, 11:11 AM
(11-01-2015 03:07 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  [Suggestion: Add a PDF version to download when you have time.]

Since all my setups and procedures are done in plain ascii files.
It will take a week or two before I get enough time to redo it properly in order to get a nice looking PDF file.

Geoff just gave me the go ahead to publish an article based on his FRAM71 setup that I had made for him.
So, tonight I should have time to create another step-by-step article for the FRAM71. 8-)

Sylvain
11-02-2015, 07:07 PM
(11-02-2015 11:11 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Since all my setups and procedures are done in plain ascii files.
It will take a week or two before I get enough time to redo it properly in order to get a nice looking PDF file.

Geoff just gave me the go ahead to publish an article based on his FRAM71 setup that I had made for him.
So, tonight I should have time to create another step-by-step article for the FRAM71. 8-)

Sylvain

There is no rush at all, whenever time is convenient. Although the info is here in the Forum (seemingly forever...) I think having an offline, local copy of useful docs like this is more convenient and handy. They all go into binders for reference later.

Maybe I'm old-school... Do other folks think it's useful to have PDF versions?

Also, no need to make a pretty/fancy doc; just as it is, is fine IMHO.

Thanks to Geoff for sharing his innermost FRAM71 secrets and to Sylvain for the additional FRAM71 Configuration step-by-step guide!

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)