Are US units correct?
05-21-2015, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2015 03:46 PM by Thomas_Sch.)
RE: Are US units correct?
Hello Nigel,

thanks for your checking and your research results.
It took some time until I have seen the difference ;-)

Thomas
Edit:
@HP / @ Tim:
In my virtual calculator there are always the chinese characters
instead of "inch" or "in":

Any comments?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2015, 01:16 PM
(05-21-2015 12:49 PM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  Hello Nigel,

thanks for your checking and your research results.
It took some time until I have seen the difference ;-)

Thomas
Edit:
@HP / @ Tim:

Any comments?

Do a shift home(icon) and go to the second page. there is a Textbook Display , uncheck the box(make it blank). Joe Horn mentioned a few times that Textbook Display and CAS sometimes cause strange results.

Jim
05-22-2015, 02:23 PM
(05-22-2015 01:16 PM)JimS Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 12:49 PM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  ..
Edit:
@HP / @ Tim:

Any comments?

Do a shift home(icon) and go to the second page. there is a Textbook Display , uncheck the box(make it blank). Joe Horn mentioned a few times that Textbook Display and CAS sometimes cause strange results.

Jim
Yes!
The chinese characters now are away.
It's very strange, that settings in Home mode are responsible for that effects in CAS mode ...
Thank you for your hint!
05-22-2015, 03:27 PM
(05-22-2015 02:23 PM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  It's very strange, that settings in Home mode are responsible for that effects in CAS

Well, those are supposed to be the whole "system" settings. Unfortunately, they aren't yet as you can tell with things like complex representation and so on.

The CAS settings would be for things like arbitrary precision calculation (if we can get that turned on at some point in the future), specific CAS settings (exact/approx), and so on.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
05-22-2015, 05:48 PM
(05-22-2015 03:27 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(05-22-2015 02:23 PM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  It's very strange, that settings in Home mode are responsible for that effects in CAS

Well, those are supposed to be the whole "system" settings. Unfortunately, they aren't yet as you can tell with things like complex representation and so on.

The CAS settings would be for things like arbitrary precision calculation (if we can get that turned on at some point in the future), specific CAS settings (exact/approx), and so on.
Hello Tim,
Many thanks for your answer!
Do you have an idea, where the chinese-like characters come from?
05-22-2015, 06:57 PM
In the prior releases, the 2D CAS display didn't display units nicely. We fixed that for this release, but there were two cases that caused problems that was not caught unfortunately. Specifically, "inch" and "μ" prefix. In both cases, when it attempted to match to the HP units, the match did not find something. The μ case was that there are two unicode μ characters and apparently the CAS uses one and the HP code the other...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)