TEXTOUT_P: new line?
05-21-2015, 04:28 PM
TEXTOUT_P: new line?
hi,
is there a way to get a new line in a TEXTOUT_P command?
I will to avoid to write more TEXTOUT_P line, but concentrate them in one, like we can do with Print in Terminal:
Code:

PRINT("My text here and 

my other text after a new line and a return. 
I like this line on new line" + EVAL (athing) +" nice"
);

thanks!

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: TEXTOUT_P: new line?
(05-21-2015 04:28 PM)salvomic Wrote:  hi,

With TEXTOUT_P() you are using x,y pixels, so to get to a "new" line, just change the x and y values (plus/minus) depending on which way the new vertical, horizontal spacing the line needs to be. Experiment with your font selection as to how many pixels per character you would need. With 320x240 pixels you can pixon or pixoff anything anywhere within.
Find all posts by this user
05-21-2015, 05:04 PM
(05-21-2015 04:59 PM)DrD Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 04:28 PM)salvomic Wrote:  hi,

With TEXTOUT_P() you are using x,y pixels, so to get to a "new" line, just change the x and y values (plus/minus) depending on which way the new vertical, horizontal spacing the line needs to be. Experiment with your font selection as to how many pixels per character you would need. With 320x240 pixels you can pixon or pixoff anything anywhere within.

ok, I'm trying!
I would like to rewrite the texts for Terminal in TEXTOUT_P but when the text is log it's a bit tricky to get the same neat output...
For example, after solve() results I get a list, and sometimes it's too long and go off at right side without scrolling...

I'm experimenting Smile

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
05-21-2015, 05:14 PM
You *could* make a subroutine that passed in a text string, passes out the pixel coordinates... just food for thought there.
05-21-2015, 05:15 PM
(05-21-2015 05:14 PM)DrD Wrote:  You *could* make a subroutine that passed in a text string, passes out the pixel coordinates... just food for thought there.

good idea Smile
I'll try

10-11-2015, 06:31 PM
If it's a list you want to see, you could consider using EDITLIST instead of TEXTOUT.
That gives a screen showing one or more lists, which you can scroll around before returning to the program by pressing OK. Not as convenient, but it saves writing code to split strings into several TEXTOUT's.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
10-12-2015, 05:33 AM
Hello,

TEXTOUT does not support multi line print.
If you wanted to do this, you would need to manually locate the carage return (using POS) and split your string in a list of strings that gets individually printed using TEXTOUT one above the other.

Sorry, even internally, this is how it's done.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)