HP Portable Plus battery / battery cover
06-11-2015, 11:25 AM
HP Portable Plus battery / battery cover
I’ve got recently an HP 110 Portable Plus with no battery and no battery cover.
It is working fine with an external power adapter.
I’m looking now for a battery and a battery cover.
Any advice on how and where to get them?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2015, 02:23 PM
RE: HP Portable Plus battery / battery cover
I suggest you place a Classified ad as there's a good chance someone on the forum has a Portable PLUS lying around to be used for parts. Another place to look would be 360 Technologies as they buy and refurbish old HP computers.

I've rebuilt several Portable PLUS batteries during the past year so I can offer further advice if the battery you find needs to be rebuilt.

Dave
06-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the advice.
06-12-2015, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 12:26 PM by Martin Hepperle.)
Diedier,

in Europe you can find the individual cells under the brand name Hawker-Cyclon.
You will need three of the 2V / 2500 mAh cells and some (simple) soldering skills plus some large diameter shrink wrap tube (also available from some shops.

I Germany I find such cells e.g. at
http://www.akkushop.de/
(battery==akku in German) while I bought some cells via Amazon from another company.
Cost per cell should be about 10 EUROs or less
(Hawker Cyclon Cyclon 2.5-2, 0810-0004 Akku Blei 2Volt 2500mAh)

There is nothing special to make these batteries. I reccommend to add a fuse of about 2A to the battery pack to avoid blowing the fuse on the mainboard, just in case.
Another desirable improvement would be to add a connector to the cables and not to connect the battery directly to the mainboard vial cables and "eyelets".

For the battery door I have no idea except making a replacement using a 3D printer.
I have added some thin foam tape to the battery pack and it would also stay in place without a cover.

Martin
06-12-2015, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 03:42 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
(06-12-2015 10:21 AM)Martin Hepperle Wrote:  in Europe you can find the individual cells sunder the brand name Hawker-Cyclon.
You will need three of the 2V / 2500 mAh cells and some (simple) soldering skills plus some large diameter shrink wrap tube (also available from some shops.

I Germany I find such cells e.g. at
http://www.akkushop.de/
(battery==akku in German) while I boght some cells via Amazon from another company.
Cost per cell should be about 10 EURos or less
(Hawker Cyclon Cyclon 2.5-2, 0810-0004 Akku Blei 2Volt 2500mAh)

The battery that Martin refers to is also available in a pre-wired 3-cell pack.

[Image: 0810_0103__38449.1405090432.1280.1280.jpg?c=2]

The other battery found in the Portable PLUS is the block type battery also used in the 9114 disc drive. A readily available replacement is the Powersonic PS-628, which is cheaper than the Hawker-Cyclon.

[Image: 418yaJHb55L._SX425_.jpg]

Dave

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)