Star Trek Continues
06-12-2015, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2015 06:29 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
Star Trek Continues
Are you a Star Trek fan?

Check out Star Trek Continues.

[Image: wallpaperv3.jpg]

Sulu is played by Grant Imahara from Mythbusters and Scotty is played by Chris Doohan, the son of James Doohan.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Star Trek Continues
Fan? I'm a Trek air conditioner.
Those guys do a good job of recreating the feel of TOS. They only lack a hammy overactor in the center seat. They do have Kim Stinger as Uhura though, and Colin Baker (Dr Who) played in the latest episode.

You must have seen The Tressaurian Intersection, right? That one is my favorite Trek fan film. If it had been made in the original series, it would have been one of the 3 or 5 best.
06-12-2015, 10:35 PM
(06-12-2015 06:18 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Are you a Star Trek fan?

This series is far better than one would expect. The writing and acting are very good, sets as good as TOS, and is very close to the TOS in feel.

If you do Trek at all, Dave is right, do check this out.

--Bob Prosperi
06-12-2015, 11:00 PM
(06-12-2015 06:18 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Are you a Star Trek fan?

[Image: wallpaperv3.jpg]

Sulu is played by Grant Imahara from Mythbusters and Scotty is played by Chris Doohan, the son of James Doohan.

Thanks a million to show this. I didn't have a clue of that. It's really amazing.

Not have enough thanks...

Did I say thank you?
06-12-2015, 11:14 PM
(06-12-2015 11:00 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  Thanks a million to show this. I didn't have a clue of that. It's really amazing.

Did I say thank you?

You did and you're welcome. Smile

Live long and prosper.
06-13-2015, 12:45 AM
(06-12-2015 11:00 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  Thanks a million to show this. I didn't have a clue of that. It's really amazing.
Did I say thank you?

A good way to thank these guys is to donate to their "Kirkstarter" the next time they have one.

There is another off-brand trek: Star Trek: New Voyages/Phase II. They're on facebook under that name and have all their stuff up on youtube. They've got an impressive resume. They've done 10 episodes and have had many TOS and Next Generation actors join them. They do have a current kickstarter up right now here.

You might like AXANAR too, if you haven't seen it yet. The link is to the 21 minute "Prelude to Axanar".

They all have had kickstarter campaigns and all are very effective with the money they get.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)