Astronomy App's for Prime
06-18-2015, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2015 07:02 PM by Marcel.)
Astronomy App's for Prime
Hi,
I post the first part of a new application for the Prime. I will post a more complete version at the end of July. This is an astronomy application.
Marcel (In the software section!)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2015, 04:20 AM
RE: Astronomy App's for Prime
Marcel,

Nice work on the App. I look forward to seeing the completed version in July.

Thanks,

Jon
06-18-2015, 08:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2015 08:48 PM by salvomic.)
(06-18-2015 01:59 AM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi,
I post the first part of a new application for the Prime. I will post a more complete version at the end of July. This is an astronomy application.
Marcel

I Marcel,

very impressive!
I'm looking forward to see the complete version soon, with the functions for the Moon added...

so ...now it's the time: casually and independently me too was developing a program about astronomy (and or astrology).
I attach an incomplete version of Effemeridi (a revisitation of an old program of mine, Astrolabio, made many years ago for a TI pocket calc...

My program is a very ugly, fragmentary and ...old, however, not an App...
Its purpose is to give parameters for Sun, Moon, Planets and Jupiter satellites: longitude, latitude, right ascension and declination, azimuth and height, hour to rise and sunset, longitude of the node and perigeo... For the moon also phases, rise and fall, eclipses (not still) ...
It calculates sidereal time and hoarily angle (I hope to put also equation of time).

For now I've put only Saturn, among planets, as a model: the others merely depends of the working version of this one (model), changing constants...
It's "mixed" language: Italian and English

I was using the old model of a French (and Italian) book by Serge Bouiges, with an approach that calculates parameters based on "N" (number of days from 1901, Jan 1) and adding constants multiplied by trigonometric functions...

Some functions need to be reviewed, and, please, help me: precision for the Moon (for now about ±0.25°, and mostly function to get correct culmination, rise, sunset for Moon and planets (I'm using "semiarc" to get the values...)
If you want, you can use it, modify, include in app or ...to laugh for it Smile
I would also include a function to calc "Ascendent" (not astronomy, but more fascinating also), with the "Zodiac signs"...

I'm glad to collaborate with you!

Salvo

EDIT: updated zip with code, a few improvements in it...

Attached File(s)
.zip  Effemeridi.zip (Size: 5.65 KB / Downloads: 19)

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-18-2015, 08:34 AM
(06-18-2015 01:59 AM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi,
Marcel
Hello Marcel,

Nice App!
Are you thinking of other languages, e.g. english in the UI ?

Many thanks,
Thomas
06-18-2015, 12:17 PM
Hi,
Thank you for your positive comment, yes I will translate in English after the coding of the last five or six fonctions. I will also add some exemples in the small user's guide.
Marcel
06-18-2015, 12:26 PM
(06-18-2015 12:17 PM)Marcel Wrote:  Hi,
Thank you for your positive comment, yes I will translate in English after the coding of the last five or six fonctions. I will also add some exemples in the small user's guide.
Marcel

already the user guide is ok, for now, also elegant.

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)