Question; Is Hp Prime Emulator for IOS being developed?
07-09-2015, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2015 03:28 PM by Spybot.)
Question; Is Hp Prime Emulator for IOS being developed?
Hello!!

I've been waiting for the IOS version of the HP Prime Emulator to finally come out, but I hear nothing about it. I'm pretty sure that thousands of people including my self are here waiting for that particular release, I don't see why HP seems to have no interest on doing it, I'd pay a fair amount of money for the App and I'm sure many people would do too.

Spybot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2015, 12:53 AM
RE: Question; Is Hp Prime Emulator for IOS being developed?
(07-09-2015 12:03 AM)Spybot Wrote:  Hello!!

I've been waiting for the IOS version of the HP Prime Emulator to finally come out, but I hear nothing about it. I'm pretty sure that thousands of people including my self are here waiting for that particular release, I don't see why HP seems to have no interest on doing it, I'd pay a fair amount of money for the App and I'm sure many people would too.

Considering that h/p is deeply committed to selling Windows boxes and Androids, I would not hold my breath waiting. I too use Mac OS as well as Win 7 and find it a pain in the @#$ to have to keep the sync utility on a PC.

The deeper question is what is h/p going to do with the calculator considering the break-up and the lack of fit with either of the new divisions. Is the calculator business for sale?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2015, 04:32 AM
This may be old news to you guys. Seems like HP was thinking about an iOS version at some point...

http://m.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA5-7787ENW.pdf

I know that developers often have trouble getting approval to get their apps onto the App Store for various reasons and that it often takes longer than expected. Maybe it is in the pipeline?
07-30-2015, 01:28 PM
(07-09-2015 12:03 AM)Spybot Wrote:  I've been waiting for the IOS version of the HP Prime Emulator to finally come out, but I hear nothing about it. I'm pretty sure that thousands of people including my self are here waiting for that particular release, I don't see why HP seems to have no interest on doing it, I'd pay a fair amount of money for the App and I'm sure many people would do too.

That would be great, if it were to come about. As a matter of fact, if it were available for iOS, I might have spent my money solely on that, rather on getting the real physical device!

smp
07-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Here's a quote from another thread in this Forum:

Quote:And an iOS Prime app please!

Quote:End of the year! Smile

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-420...l#pid39853

smp
07-30-2015, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2015 03:27 PM by dbbotkin.)
(07-30-2015 04:32 AM)HokieKev Wrote:  This may be old news to you guys. Seems like HP was thinking about an iOS version at some point...

http://m.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA5-7787ENW.pdf

I know that developers often have trouble getting approval to get their apps onto the App Store for various reasons and that it often takes longer than expected. Maybe it is in the pipeline?

Thinking about it? From the 'fine-print' below, it was enough of a possibility that the all-powerful Marketing Dept. created (pardon the use) and published March 2015 advertising showing iOS implementation.

"© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
4AA5-7787ENW, March 2015"

As we engineers know too well, Marketing can promise with ease what can only be accomplished with effort. (Or not at all)

Apple has restrictions on iOS apps that are 'emulators' which could possibly gain access to system-level functionality. The app-store approval process is far more thorough than has been the case with Android.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2015, 03:23 AM
No news Sad
08-11-2015, 05:38 AM
There are iOS native alternatives which I think deserve more attention than an emulation (or quite probably simulation):
Example: http://pocketcas.com

A calculator is good for what it is, I.e. a pretty small device with a real keyboard but if you consider a tablets version I would expect the application to be revisited so that it complies with tablet interface rather than mimic another device. Just my opinion....

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)