How do I plot Isocurves on a HP-50g?
07-10-2015, 10:28 PM
How do I plot Isocurves on a HP-50g?
I would like to plot isocurves on my 50g, but cannot find any documentation in the manual.

For instance x1^2 + x2^2 + 2 x1*x2 - 4*x1 + 2*x2 - 4.

Have someone done it, how?
Thanks,
Matti
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2015, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2015 02:52 PM by peacecalc.)
RE: How do I plot Isocurves on a HP-50g?
Hello Matti,

Quote:I would like to plot isocurves on my 50g, but cannot find any documentation in the manual.

I'm a little bit astonished, because if you have a look in the manual (not AUR) chapter 12 you find a bunch of examples for your problem. For further discussion of these graphic capabilities you'll be best supported of the ancestor manuals (HP48 (chapter 22 to 24) and HP49 (chapter/s ??)).

Quote:For instance x1^2 + x2^2 + 2 x1*x2 - 4*x1 + 2*x2 - 4.

The second might be you don't know which plotting type you should use for your function. For me it looks like a function which depends on 2 variables (x1 and x2). So the the 3D plotting types "wireframes" or "fast3D" may be a good choice. But don't be surprised if the display doesn't show what you are expecting, it depends on scale, range and number of steps and the point of view.

When your given expression is a implicit definition of a function, you can use your HP 50g for solving to x1 or x2 (because it is only a quadratic expression in x1 and x2). The solved terms can be displayed with the plotting type "function".

Sincerely peacecalc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)