Systems Analyst
48G+/58C/85B/PC1500A
TH-78A/DooGee S9
Focal & All BasicĀ“s
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2015, 01:34 AM
RE: Destruction :-)
Hmmm single ones now.. that seller used to sell them in lots of four seems the where used for a military application and where intentionally destroyed.
Find all posts by this user
07-19-2015, 12:36 PM
(07-19-2015 01:08 AM)hp41cx Wrote:  Only for the strong of heart
Quote from the auction text:
Quote:"This units is not working it is mainly for part or repair"
Actually that former HP-41 is no more than scrap of no sale value, since virtually everything has been destroyed.
One who buys that scrap has to bear the blame;-)

-- Ray
07-19-2015, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2015 01:22 PM by Hans Brueggemann.)
Quote:"This units is not working it is mainly for part or repair" Actually that former HP-41 is no more than scrap of no sale value, since virtually everything has been destroyed.
One who buys that scrap has to bear the blame;-)

that's partly correct. i managed to salvage the time modules from them. they make for an excellent HP-41CL Time Module Implant
wouldn't buy them for $65, though.

hans
07-19-2015, 02:45 PM
I got 2 good CX display units, a plug-in EPROM and usable keyboard and case components, as well as the time modules Hans mentions above. Seller would always post lots of good pictures and by carefully examining them I was able to get a good idea what I might be able to salvage from them.
07-19-2015, 06:18 PM
(07-19-2015 01:17 PM)Hans Brueggemann Wrote:  that's partly correct. i managed to salvage the time modules from them. they make for an excellent HP-41CL Time Module Implant
wouldn't buy them for $65, though.

I got one from that source for exactly that purpose.

I have to concur that they where purposefully destroyed and also believe they where used for some sort of military purpose. Nothing special inside, so I guess they did it "just to make sure..."

Wonders of the military mind.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)