Command CHOOSE inside Spreadsheet
08-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Command CHOOSE inside Spreadsheet
It's possible to put command "CHOOSE" inside Spreadsheet?Can you help with example?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2015, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2015 02:00 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Command CHOOSE inside Spreadsheet
Are you looking for a dropdown type object? If so, then no.

If you attempt to use CHOOSE it will run when the evaluation of that cell happens. That may or may not be what you are wanting.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-25-2015, 02:28 PM
(08-25-2015 02:00 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Are you looking for a dropdown type object? If so, then no.

If you attempt to use CHOOSE it will run when the evaluation of that cell happens. That may or may not be what you are wanting.

Yes, I'm looking for a type object dropdown! Any way around this?
08-26-2015, 05:47 AM
Hello,

My understanding is that you want, in a cell, to have a choice of 1 out of N possibilities.

This means that each cell would need to contain 2 items. The list of choices and the currently selected one.

Unfortunately, there is only 1 item per cell, the formula, it's value being recalculated each time...

so, no, sorry but at this point in time, I can not think about any workaround for what you want to do...

Cyrille
08-26-2015, 11:34 AM
Thanks!
It is a pity not being able to do it.We are would have many possibilities with this feature.

Elton Freitas
08-26-2015, 04:40 PM
Hello,

We'll put this on the list of potential improvements. I agree it would be a nice thing to have.

Just for clarity, something simple like (in B1) =CHOOSE(1,"Select",B2:B6) work for you in your mind? You couldn't take a direct action on change (like excel where this type of thing seems to be used primarily to do a sort or similar), but it would cascade the choice through other formulas.

Thus =B1*5 would multiply the selected item by 5 in the formula.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Hello

Really this is very interesting and for us to do a lot of applications.Something as simple excel that seems complicated in Prime.

Elton Freitas

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)