HP (rocky mountain) basic on PC?
08-26-2015, 01:33 PM
HP (rocky mountain) basic on PC?
Is there a version of HP basic (aks rocky mountain basic) that runs on IBM PCs? If so where can I download a copy?

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: HP (rocky mountain) basic on PC?
(08-26-2015 01:33 PM)asciacca Wrote:  Is there a version of HP basic (aks rocky mountain basic) that runs on IBM PCs? If so where can I download a copy?

thanks

Yes, sorta. This Wikipedia article tells how TransEra's "HTBasic" (originally High Tech BASIC, later licensed by HP and sold as HP BASIC) is probably the closest thing to what you're looking for. The trial download is free, but the full product is not free. In fact it's so expensive that the price isn't even mentioned on their website; they only send price quotes by email. More information here: http://www.htbasic.com/

Last time I played with HT BASIC (many years ago) it was very similar to HP's Rocky Mountain BASIC. I suspect that it still is.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-26-2015, 02:08 PM
(08-26-2015 01:33 PM)asciacca Wrote:  Is there a version of HP basic (aks rocky mountain basic) that runs on IBM PCs? If so where can I download a copy?

thanks

There is also "HP Instrument BASIC" you can download from hpmuseum.net it was designed to run under windows I just installed it in a Win-2000 virtual machine and it seems to work.
Find all posts by this user
08-27-2015, 07:59 AM
(08-26-2015 01:46 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  The trial download is free, but the full product is not free. In fact it's so expensive that the price isn't even mentioned on their website; they only send price quotes by email. More information here: http://www.htbasic.com/
You can find the prices here.
Not really cheap, and I don't know if it is still available (the page is dated 2010).

I bought a secondhand HTBasic 7.1 several years ago.
RMB was the first HP language that impressed me at the time, and it was a source of inspiration for the HP71 JPCROM structured programming extensions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)