Titan File #1, card reader detection and FRAM-71
08-31-2015, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 12:43 PM by cruff.)
Titan File #1, card reader detection and FRAM-71
Thanks to Joe for posting the updated Titan Files, it was fun to read them.

In Titan File #1, there is a comment about how to detect if the card reader is present by issuing a PEEK$("2C014",1) and checking for a non-zero result.
If a FRAM-71 is installed, the PEEK$("2C014",1) may also return non-zero depending on the current contents of the FRAM-71 configuration registers. This may confuse a program looking for card reader presence. Of course, FRAM-71 users are unlikely to be running anything looking to use a card reader anyway. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: Titan File #1, card reader detection and FRAM-71
(08-31-2015 04:34 PM)cruff Wrote:  Thanks to Joe for posting the updated Titan Files, it was fun to read them.

Yes, I agree they are fun; my thanks to Joe for all the work as well. Even though there are over 100 pages of Titan File articles in this new collection, I found I ripped them all with glee and got to the end far too soon. So now, I'll go back and actually install and run the programs.

Seems so different now than when initially loading and running them 30+ years ago. Ahh the joys of download links and a PIL-Box! Though it was fun typing in all those hex codes to manually build LEX files. Not.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)