HP-22 1706A12167 in search of advice
07-04-2022, 09:13 PM
HP-22 1706A12167 in search of advice
Hi everyone,

I'm not into the Woodstock's since I find them more fragile than the Classics
but I was looking for something usable every day and I bought this HP-22

I usually buy those where the seller had no access to the original power supply just to avoid fried ones, so this one looked good to me

I was a little disappointed when it didn't turned on with a good battery pack but it
turned out that the - contact on the main pcb was fractured, probably by forcing a battery pack in place, who knows ... and thus missing some electrical continuity on those traces

I have fixed it by soldering on both faces a small wire, but I'm looking for an advice on how to reinforce it, physically speaking, just to avoid more damage with the daily use, any idea ?

Also, the display is missing a digit, I have tried swapping it with another, which worked fine, so I'm afraid this is not an easy fix

A while ago someone mentioned that any financial calculator with the delta% function (the triangle key) can compute cost, price and margin without the need to enter a program, which is why I have purchased this little thing, does anyone recall where that post is ?

Thank you so much and take care !!

Pictures can be seen here : HP-22 1706A12167

Edoardo & Alberto
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2022, 07:58 PM
RE: HP-22 1706A12167 in search of advice
Ciao Alberto (and Edoardo)

Congratulations on your HP22, a model I would like to get!

I can't help with the post you mention but pages 88 and 89 of the July 1987 HP12C Solutions Handbook (see literature.hpcalc.org) may help as it gives the keystrokes for calculating the various relations between markup, margin, selling price and cost.

For example:
  • to calculate markup given cost and selling price, key in cost, press [enter] key in selling price and press [Δ%]

The HP12C Owners Handbook and Problem-Solving Guide says that the Δ% key can be used for calculations of the percent difference between a wholesale cost and a retail cost. If the base number entered is the wholesale cost, the percent difference is called the markup; if the base number entered is the retail cost, the percent difference is called the margin.

Hence the next examples from the Solutions Handbook:
  • to calculate markup given margin, key in margin, press [enter] [enter] [1] [x><y] [%] [-] [÷]
  • to calculate margin given selling price and cost, key in selling price, press [enter] key in cost and press [Δ%] [CHS]
  • to calculate margin given markup, key in markup, press [enter] [enter] [1] [x><y] [%] [+] [÷]
I hope this helps.

Good luck with the display.
07-07-2022, 03:57 PM
RE: HP-22 1706A12167 in search of advice
Thanks James, it really helps
take care Alberto

Edoardo & Alberto

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)