Stack manipulation wp34s
10-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Stack manipulation wp34s
Hi all,

In 1982 Philippe DESCAMP and Jean-Jacques DHENIN had edited a book in which we learn how to manipulate efficiently stack of the HP41. Because the WP34s have a stack too, may be this will be helpfull for someone. At this time only 4 registers then for 8 registers stack we have to rewrite off course, but the majority use only the 4 registers. I am going to try to spend the images.

Gérard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2015, 04:19 PM
RE: Stack manipulation wp34s
I have omited to join the little exercice, i beg.

Gérard.
10-11-2015, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 07:27 PM by Dieter.)
(10-11-2015 04:19 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  I have omited to join the little exercice, i beg.

I'm not sure if you have noticed the "universal stack shuffle command" the 34s provides: it's called "↔" (actually a left arrow above a right one) and can be found in the P.FCN catalog. So the task in your attached picture...

Code:
T:  4  =>  3
Z:  3  =>  4
Y:  2  =>  1
X:  1  =>  2

...just requires a simple ↔YXTZ. ;-)

Since the 34s has also commands for exchanging Y, Z and T with other registers, another option would be x↔ Y  z↔ T.
Or you may use a more classic approach that will also work on an HP41: x↔ Z  R↓.

Shuffling an eight level stack is a different story, though.

Dieter
10-11-2015, 07:37 PM
Yes, good answer !!!!

I think give a good thing for all, but i am a little boy in front of you !

I quite the forum because all man is lauphing at me. My son said me be carefull because they are all inginiers in informatic like me. My son is inginier in informatique at 22 old years, i am so proud but me i was only a simple worker in industrie.
Then all lauf at me but i am going to do my tests alone, i dont care of the laufers.

Off course i am not strong enouf in informatic but if my son is inginier ininformatic surely "je lui ai collé le virus va !".

Thank you for all, i was learning with you, but ....

Gérard

Gérard.
10-11-2015, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2015 08:00 PM by Dieter.)
(10-11-2015 07:37 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  I quite the forum because all man is lauphing at me. My son said me be carefull because they are all inginiers in informatic like me. My son is inginier in informatique at 22 old years, i am so proud but me i was only a simple worker in industrie.
Then all lauf at me but i am going to do my tests alone, i dont care of the laufers.

I do not think anyone here is laughing at you.
And the stack shuffle diagram you posted is really useful for all HP41 users.

I think I even remember something similar in an old HP related journal (HP Key notes?) where a big table listed the shortest stack shuffling commands for a certain sequence, based on the "classic" HP instruction set: ENTER, x↔y, R↓ and R↑. ;-)

Dieter,
neither engineer nor computer scientist.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)