hp50g and windows 7 (64 bit) connectivity problems
10-21-2015, 04:08 PM
hp50g and windows 7 (64 bit) connectivity problems
I installed the conn4x program that came on the CD. Used the USB cable that came with the HP50g to plug into PC. I started Xmodem and have the "Waiting for command". The conn4x program can't find the calculator. I looked through the documentation on the CD but can't find anything about linking to a PC.

The conn4x help topic mentions setting I/O parameters. I don't know much (yet) about this calculator, so I don't know how to inspect/set these.

Will the hp50g and windows 7 64-bit even play nice with each other? I've become very confused with Google searches. Am I even using the correct connectivity program (version 2.3 build 2439)? I realize that this is an old calculator and I may be out of luck.

Would be nice to have screen captures, though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2015, 06:39 PM
RE: hp50g and windows 7 (64 bit) connectivity problems
Perhaps this will do the trick:http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators...709/page/4
I used it only once to update to a new operating system after it had lain in a drawer for some years as I have a complete backup as well as every installed program on an SD-card, it worked, but I can't tell you if it works more than once, I only took it out for comparesion to my prime, the prime won.
Arno
10-21-2015, 07:29 PM
(10-21-2015 06:39 PM)Arno K Wrote:  Perhaps this will do the trick:http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculators...709/page/4
I used it only once to update to a new operating system after it had lain in a drawer for some years as I have a complete backup as well as every installed program on an SD-card, it worked, but I can't tell you if it works more than once, I only took it out for comparesion to my prime, the prime won.
Arno

Thanks! I installed the USB 64-bit drivers. Still didn't work. I rebooted my PC, still didn't work. Went to the doctor to have stitches removed from a hand injury, got back and decided to try one more time - now it works. I guess "something" had to get warmed up before it would work.
10-21-2015, 07:36 PM
That's fine.
Arno

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)