HP-41CX for sale
10-26-2015, 07:46 PM
HP-41CX for sale
Hello everybody,

I would like to sell my HP-41CX, serial number 2617S20080.

You can see pictures at http://www.math-meets-machines.de/HP-41CX.zip

I bought this calculator in 1986 at GAO Computerhaus in Münster (bill included) for 670 DM when I was still at high school. I still don't know how I managed to save that much money at that time. Anyway, I loved it, but only used it for a couple of weeks. For practical reasons I then returned to my pocket size HP-11C that I still use every day. Unfortunately, in the brief time that I used the 41, the battery compartment fell down once. A small part broke off that I fixed with glue. Apart from that the calculator is in almost mint condition, see the pictures.

Included is what you see on the pictures: Calculator, pouch, Benutzerhandbuch Band I und II (German manuals), Kurzanleitung, two keyboard overlays, bill, some advertisement material: HP-41C Software Logiciel, Programmierbare Taschenrechner der Serie 10 / Taschencomputer der Serie 40 (I annotated some prices by hand), Taschenrechner, Peripheriegeräte, Software und Zubehör.

I would prefer to sell it to somebody from Europe because shipping and payment is easier. But if there are only requests from the rest of the world that is ok also.

I would also like to hand it over to somebody who gives it a good home and does not buy it to resell it immediately. So you can tell me why I should sell it to you.

The price is fixed at 200 Euro, shipping within Europe included.

Please send me an email message if you are interested. I will choose among the bidders randomly (using RAN # of the 11C) on November 8 unless somebody gives me a truely convincing reason why he should get it.

Best regards,

Thomas
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: HP-41CX for sale
(10-26-2015 07:46 PM)Thomas Puettmann Wrote:  I bought this calculator in 1986 at GAO Computerhaus in Münster (bill included) for 670 DM when I was still at high school.

Was this GAO at Aegidiimarkt? Those days, in the mid-Eighties, I came along their store almost every day on my way to university. I remember their window showing some HP stuff and Apple IIe computers running a demo of Visicalc. Those were the days...

Maybe you also remember Guttermann & Büscher at Schiffahrter Damm. This was my main source for HP stuff in the early Eighties. In 1981 they sold me an HP41C demo unit for a "special price" of 450 DEM. This way I received one of the last tall key 41s. ;-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
10-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Yes, GAO was at Aegediimarkt. I also passed there on my way from Coesfelder Kreuz (Math+Physics) to the center or the train station.

Of course, I remember Guttermann. I bought my beloved HP-42S there.

And I agree, those were the days. Although my current activities with fischertechnik (see signature) bring partly back such positive aspects of the past.
10-27-2015, 07:02 PM
There is a first potential buyer from Europe. This means that only people from Europe will be considered.
10-27-2015, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2015 07:37 PM by Thomas Puettmann.)
Actually the potential buyer gave a good reason why he should get my good old HP-41CX. I just read my initial post again. The section "... on Nov 8 unless" seems to allow that I sell the machine immediately, which I hereby do.

So: sold for 200 Euro to somebody from the forum.

Thomas

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)