HP50g forums / community is there such alive?
11-03-2015, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 06:08 PM by Vtile.)
RE: HP50g forums / community is there such alive?
(11-02-2015 10:53 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 09:16 PM)Vtile Wrote:  Given that there is something like 700 commands&functions it is not the most forgiving task to try to search them a quick way from AURMv2. Asking this because if not, I think I need to create one while I work through the "learning phase" of the userRPL. The calculator kind of have one build in, but it is only partial.
Perhaps Andreas Möller's solutions would be useful for your (but it's commercial software):

http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de/index.html

Greetings,

Matthias
I actually did look Möller's page sometime a year ago, but at then and now I'm not intersted all the functionalities and the nature of the product.

I also found Debug4x programming SDK there is some nice knowledge "hidden" in its nice Help Index, while I'm not jumping to C programming of the 50g the information provided is partly usefull of understanding some aspects of the calculator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 01:43 PM
(11-02-2015 01:54 PM)Vtile Wrote:  I challenge the owners of the 50g to go trough the hpcalc.org HP48II, HP49g, (< out of production who knows how long) HP50g program list and test which one works (atleast which doesn't corrupt the memory at start) in HP50g with latest ROM and generate a list of such programs.

There's no need for such a list. It's quite easy:
* If there's a 49 version of the program you look for, then use that one.
* If there's only a 48 version and not a 49 version, try the 48, it will likely work fine, otherwise somebody would've already "ported" it to the 49.
* Anything done for a 49/48GII/49G+ will run on a 50g, with only a few exceptions:
a) Games using grayscale may not look good on 49G+/50G due to hardware difference.
b) Programs not using the larger screen of the 49G+/50G may have a blank or garbled area below the soft menu (but work fine otherwise).
c) Programs depending on specific timing (mostly games) may work too fast on the 49G+/50G. There are programs to slow down the clock on the ARM models that help with this.

As you can see, you'd find mostly games have issues, "serious" programs work fine 99.9% of the times.
11-04-2015, 02:06 PM
(11-03-2015 05:08 PM)Vtile Wrote:  The problem with 48 documentation is that 48 is not compatible to 50 at all aspects or is it? RPL Programming Guide from Goodies Disk 4. is a gem, discrace that HP didn't update it when they did launch 49 and 50 calculators, that is one documentation that should be in HPs own download section. *mad*

Every single RPL command in the 48 still works on the 50g, so it is highly compatible. The 50g might have more powerful (newer) tools to do some things more efficiently, and lots of additional (new) commands (mostly CAS related) but you won't be wasting your time if you read the 48 documentation.
Also, get the 50g AUR with bookmarks and hyperlinks, it's so much better to use than HP's one for quick reference. You can get it from this thread (somewhere in the middle):

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-3887.html
11-04-2015, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 04:37 PM by Vtile.)
Thank you Claudio, that kind of information just is not "easily" available for new user of HPs RPL line of products. Hopefully google will pict this thread. Smile

I have again another question, is there a way to append arroys [..] inside UserRPL programs automaticly (=without dumping the arroy to stack and remaking it with new values)? Ie. for collecting values in loop structures to be used later. The arroy will not be declared at the beginning to final size. I know how to do it with lists {..} (+ command Smile ), but seem to not find a way (atleast for now) to do it with arroys. {[a b] [c d] ... [n m]} atleast might work with some post processing.
Also is there a "null" value that can be used in arroy as other datasets like NOVAL is used in some menu related stuff.
11-04-2015, 05:17 PM
Hello vtile,

{[a,b] [c,d] [e,f]} {[g,h] [i,j] [k,l]} - you get { [a-g,b-h] [c-i,d-j] [e-k,f-l]} But the lists must have same size.

{[a,b] [c,d] [e,f]} {[g,h] [i,j] [k,l]} + you get {[a,b] [c,d] [e,f] [g,h] [i,j] [k,l]}
{[a,b] [c,d] [e,f]} {[g,h] [i,j] [k,l]} ADD you get { [a+g,b+h] [c+i,d+j] [e+k,f+l]}
{[a,b] [c,d] [e,f]} {[g,h] [i,j] [k,l]} DOT you get { a*g+b*h c*i+d*j } and for 3D vectors it works in the same way for CROSS, too.

That's fine, isn't it, and I hope I answered your question,too.

greetings
peacecalc
11-04-2015, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 06:29 PM by Vtile.)
(11-04-2015 05:17 PM)peacecalc Wrote:  Hello vtile,

{[a,b] [c,d] [e,f]} {[g,h] [i,j] [k,l]} - you get { [a-g,b-h] [c-i,d-j] [e-k,f-l]} But the lists must have same size.

{[a,b] [c,d] [e,f]} {[g,h] [i,j] [k,l]} + you get {[a,b] [c,d] [e,f] [g,h] [i,j] [k,l]}
{[a,b] [c,d] [e,f]} {[g,h] [i,j] [k,l]} ADD you get { [a+g,b+h] [c+i,d+j] [e+k,f+l]}
{[a,b] [c,d] [e,f]} {[g,h] [i,j] [k,l]} DOT you get { a*g+b*h c*i+d*j } and for 3D vectors it works in the same way for CROSS, too.

That's fine, isn't it, and I hope I answered your question,too.

greetings
peacecalc
Unfortunately no Sad I'm making atm. a parallel E-series resistor finder and only thing I haven't managed to solve is how to store the pairs found in decent manner while going through the solutions. This at in UserRPL. Best solution I have found so far (while not tested it inside the program, it seems to work manually) is the doing a empty list object {} named 'TEST' as global and then

: TEST
: A B 2 ->Arry
: +
: 'TEST' STO
: TEST
: C D 2 ->Arry
: +
: 'TEST' STO

TEST = {[A B] [C D]}

Still even that seems need to loading the whole variable TEST to stack adding the new object to it and storing it back to its name..

OK.. I think I solved this, while typing the answer for you post, thx. Smile I have been misreading the STO+ commands description (the AUM with links is 100x faster than static one). STO+ do what I'm after, but not in the way the description might give reason to believe. STO- seems not to work (not figured out yet how it works is more correct) atleast it isn't reversed STO+ with same object types involved.
Quote:Using STO+ to add two arrays (where obj is an array and name is the global name of an array) requires less memory than using the stack to add them.
Need some more testing with all data types it seems, but atleast this is somewhat decent solution for problem in hand.

If object test have a list as TEST = {[A B] [C D]} Then:
[8 8]
'TEST'
STO+
=> TEST = {[8 8] [A B] [C D]}

Next thing is to test it with pure Arroys, but it might turn to typical adding machine instead of append command.

-Vtile
11-04-2015, 06:43 PM
(11-04-2015 04:26 PM)Vtile Wrote:  Thank you Claudio, that kind of information just is not "easily" available for new user of HPs RPL line of products. Hopefully google will pict this thread. Smile

I have again another question, is there a way to append arroys [..] inside UserRPL programs automaticly (=without dumping the arroy to stack and remaking it with new values)? Ie. for collecting values in loop structures to be used later. The arroy will not be declared at the beginning to final size. I know how to do it with lists {..} (+ command Smile ), but seem to not find a way (atleast for now) to do it with arroys. {[a b] [c d] ... [n m]} atleast might work with some post processing.
Also is there a "null" value that can be used in arroy as other datasets like NOVAL is used in some menu related stuff.

For arrays, I think you are looking for the COL+ and ROW+ commands, depending on how you want your array organized, each pair could be a row for example, which you can append with ROW+.
But in many cases, it's just more convenient to leave your results in the stack until you have the very last one, then you can make a list or an array (only once) at the end of the program.
Remember you have an infinite stack, which you can access with PICK/UNPICK and ROLL/ROLLD, and adding an element is as easy as leaving it there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)