WP-34s in the search of a new home
11-03-2015, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2015 06:58 PM by Marcio.)
WP-34s in the search of a new home
Dear friends,

I have a WP-34s with a few bad keys looking for a new home. I used it quite a bit for while but stopped since it became cumbersome to enter large amounts of data with a faulty keyboard. It's a pity as the 34s is considered (and confirmed) the most advanced RPN calculator there is, a great and superb work by three of our most esteemed forum colleagues. Just like some (if not all) of us, I hope Swiss Micros will give this machine the housing it truly deserves (no offense HP) sometime soon.

Well, from what I could see, the following keys require attention:

'STO', 'RCL', 'DOWN ARROW' and '.' will miss the keystroke 3~4 times out of 10.

'3', '9' and '/' require more pressure to register but they never miss.

Other than that, the machine works perfectly and can be used if missed keystrokes are tolerated, and that is why I decided to send it someone willing to give it more attention and care.

The overlays (changed once) show no signs of wear despite heavy usage. See pics.

It's running version 3.3T3645 while the latest is 3816 (if I am not mistaken), so you might need that so wanted 34s cable to update the machine and take advantage of the latest features and bug fixes.

It's available for the price of shipping only. International shipping might be a little bit more expensive.

Thanks

Marcio

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2015, 12:42 AM
RE: WP-34s in the search of a new home
P.M.sent
11-04-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: WP-34s in the search of a new home
Calc's found a new home in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)