Copy/clip
11-18-2015, 08:24 PM
Copy/clip
If I solve d/dx of some function, and then want to copy just the function, not the whole d(function)/dx statement to use elsewhere, how do I do this?

Copy copies the whole line, can't figure out how to grab specific portion of line that I wish to use...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: Copy/clip
(11-18-2015 08:24 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  If I solve d/dx of some function, and then want to copy just the function, not the whole d(function)/dx statement to use elsewhere, how do I do this?

Copy copies the whole line, can't figure out how to grab specific portion of line that I wish to use...

Open it in the command line. Press COPY, you can then position the cursor and press begin/end to select specific areas.

Or, hold down your finger for a bit and drag to select.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-18-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Copy/clip
(11-18-2015 08:24 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  If I solve d/dx of some function, and then want to copy just the function, not the whole d(function)/dx statement to use elsewhere, how do I do this?

If you used d(function)/dx then want to go back and just copy the function, I copy the whole d(function)/dx to the command line then SHIFT COPY BEGIN END ESC SHIFT PASTE 1 ENTER. Sometimes its easier to just copy to the command line then backspace delete stuff you don't want.

If I know that Ill be using the function more than a couple of times , Ill first define it (in CAS) using f(x):=function. Then, I can use d(f(x))/dx or f'(x) and still have f(x) handy and separate.

There are probably other useful methods.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)