Spreadsheet and Plotting
12-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Spreadsheet and Plotting
Hi X)...!

Is it possible to plot a graph from the spreadsheet app data?? or programming..?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: Spreadsheet and Plotting
(12-05-2015 08:19 PM)Lin Su Wrote:  Hi X)...!

Is it possible to plot a graph from the spreadsheet app data?? or programming..?

You could copy the two columns. One by one and paste then into the Statistic 2 Var App.

You go to the Spreadsheet app. My guess is that you have Columns with data. Highlight the first cell. then in the soft menu, press select. Then highlight to the last cell of data. Then press Shift Copy.

Open the Statistic 2 Var App. Press the Num key. Go to the first column. Press Shift Paste. You will se your LIST in the past menu. click on it. It will give you two options 1 Value 2 Formula. You want to press for Value. To get the data.

You could Press formula is you want to explore and see what you can do.

Hope this helps.

-Luis-
12-05-2015, 08:45 PM
You can also select the two rows and columns at the same time, copy them and then paste them.

Then you will get a plot. And you can even fit the data.

-Luis-
12-06-2015, 10:12 PM
Its actually even easier then this! While it would be nice to get direct plotting in the spreadsheet (already something on the list for potential future improvements), you CAN directly use the data there without copying or pasting anything.

In A1-A5, put your data (1,2,3,4,5) and some other data in B1-B5 (1.1,2.3,3.5,4.7,5.1). Now open your stat2var application. Press SYMB.

For your first definition where it currently says C1 for independent, type Spreadsheet.A:A (fully qualified reference to all data in col A of application "Spreadsheet"), for your dependent, type Spreadsheet.B1:B5 (data from B1-B5 in your spreadsheet app).

Now press PLOT and you have what you'd like! Press NUM, STATS to do your stat calculation, etc. Those definitions in symb are not just dumb names, but actual formula locations you can put anything.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-07-2015, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2015 05:49 PM by CR Haeger.)
Hi Tim,

One method that seems to have issues now is the following:
- Populate two columns of data in a spreadsheet, say A1:A10 and B1:B10
- Create two user variable lists in two free spreadsheet cells, say xda and yda using =xda:=A1:A10 and =yda:=B1:B10
- Open Statistics2Var Symb view and select xda, yda for S1: data
- Plot, fit data as needed.

This works up to this point - once. Its handy as one can select user variables lists versus typing in cell addresses.

However, if I go back to the spreadsheet, update the xda, yda with new/edited data, then return to Statistics2Var to plot, fit the emulator crashes. It would be useful if one could update (or recalculate) the spreadsheet then replot, fit more than once. This seemed to work in prior software versions.

Software 2015 6 17 (8151)

Best,
Carl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)