Wanted: spice series display (press mounted type)
12-26-2015, 10:55 PM
Wanted: spice series display (press mounted type)
Hello,

I've restored an HP 32E, that was in mint condition, almost not used, but somebody forgot the battery inside for years... The battery terminals and ribbon cable were easy to fix, buy the display us also affected (spice displays seem to be quite delicate) and I'll like to have a new one to replace this. It is one of the early models, where all the components are held in place by pressure (don't know if this makes a difference for for the display; I have never disassembled one of the later type.

kind regards,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2016, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 03:23 PM by ElectroDuende.)
RE: Wanted: spice series display (press mounted type)
(12-26-2015 10:55 PM)ElectroDuende Wrote:  Hello,

I've restored an HP 32E, that was in mint condition, almost not used, but somebody forgot the battery inside for years... The battery terminals and ribbon cable were easy to fix, buy the display us also affected (spice displays seem to be quite delicate) and I'll like to have a new one to replace this. It is one of the early models, where all the components are held in place by pressure (don't know if this makes a difference for for the display; I have never disassembled one of the later type.

kind regards,

I recently got a non working 34C from a local second hand site, hoping that its display was ok for my 32, but in the end I could repair it just replacing the flex cable... so I know have an HP34C (that I lacked on my collection) and I'm still looking for a Spice LED display.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)