help virtual prime
01-06-2016, 11:54 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 11:56 PM by ji3m.)
help virtual prime
I installed the virtual prime on my win10 tablet.
It has a large number of bugs, too many to mention.

But i foolishly selected "hide title bar" and now cant get it back. I even reinstalled it to no avail.

Is there some secret way to get the title bar back?. It is now useless since the prime is bigger than the screen and i cant load programs without the title bar.

None of the skins are any good. Some dont even register touches correctly.

Is it this bad on other Versions of windows?

I hestitate to buy the version in the windows store since it costs real money. It has just one bogus review. No version is advertised. It might be a pig in a poke.

Anyone have any answers?

I work with android Prime only for now on my
Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2016, 02:33 AM
RE: help virtual prime
(01-06-2016 11:54 PM)ji3m Wrote:  I installed the virtual prime on my win10 tablet.
It has a large number of bugs, too many to mention.

But i foolishly selected "hide title bar" and now cant get it back. I even reinstalled it to no avail.

Is there some secret way to get the title bar back?. It is now useless since the prime is bigger than the screen and i cant load programs without the title bar.

None of the skins are any good. Some dont even register touches correctly.

Is it this bad on other Versions of windows?

I hestitate to buy the version in the windows store since it costs real money. It has just one bogus review. No version is advertised. It might be a pig in a poke.

Anyone have any answers?

Right-click in the thin gray area at the top of the calculator, near the three test mode indicators. A menu will pop up. Point to Calculator then on Hide title bar.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
01-11-2016, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 05:17 PM by Tim Wessman.)
Do you have a high-dpi screen? Are you doing any text/icon scaling other then 100% as your default. The existing emulator is incorrectly flagged as "high-dpi aware" which means it will not scale at all and this might be what you are seeing.

The existing emulator does work well on windows 10 without any scaling other then 100%. Note that the store one is a completely different UI code an does scale cleanly and nicely for all screen sizes.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Its a 10 inch windows tablet/converibke (acer one q0). Screen is 1280x800 not really high dpi.

I may get the app store version.

thanks tim.

I work with android Prime only for now on my
Galaxy Tab Pro/Note 2

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)