Very cheap LR1 batteries for sale
04-03-2024, 08:59 AM
Very cheap LR1 batteries for sale
In the following link you can find LR1 / N batteries at 0.15 euro apiece.

I think these are the batteries that can be used in HP 41C with a special battery holder. I just ordered 8 of them.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the seller, neither the link is afiliated.

https://www.subtel.es/Bater-a-Varta-4001...17447.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2024, 09:41 AM
RE: Very cheap LR1 batteries for sale
(04-03-2024 08:59 AM)david sanz Wrote:  In the following link you can find LR1 / N batteries at 0.15 euro apiece.

I think these are the batteries that can be used in HP 41C with a special battery holder. I just ordered 8 of them.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the seller, neither the link is afiliated.

Nice price! Unfortunately only Spain is allowed as destination on order page...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2024, 10:29 AM
(04-03-2024 09:41 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(04-03-2024 08:59 AM)david sanz Wrote:  In the following link you can find LR1 / N batteries at 0.15 euro apiece.

Nice price! Unfortunately only Spain is allowed as destination on order page...

Ups, I thought the drop menu would allow other destinations to be selected

The company is actually German, I think. In the German .de page the price is 1.05 though.

In the .fr site price is 0.85 Apparently they have one different site for each country. Go figure ...
04-03-2024, 11:15 AM
Naturally the .it site shows them at 2.95€ each...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2024, 01:41 PM
And for our american compatriots, I just picked up 8 duracell N's for $10 and free shipping from M.B. Supplier in Brooklyn off TAS. Mightv'e been their mistake though, expiration is 10/26 but they all test at 1.58v so I'm well pleased.

35 - 65 - 41cv - 48sx/gx - xpander - dm42
04-05-2024, 01:58 PM
In Germany the reichelt.de distributor sells varta for 1 Euro, there are other brands like ansmann and so on.
8 LR1 ansmann for 8 Euros.

And never use Duracell in an HP41 they are corroding after a short time, when not in use.

I had a very expensive head lamp which was damaged by corrosion after 3 month with Duracell, which i had on hand.

Changed the batteries in January, the lamp was not used much, but now damaged. The expiry date has not been exceeded, 8 years left.

I don't know what is wrong with Duracell.

Same experience have friends of mine.

Ralf

/41/48/
04-05-2024, 03:14 PM
(04-05-2024 01:58 PM)Hiwi Wrote:  In Germany the reichelt.de distributor sells varta for 1 Euro, there are other brands like ansmann and so on.
8 LR1 ansmann for 8 Euros.

And never use Duracell in an HP41 they are corroding after a short time, when not in use.

I had a very expensive head lamp which was damaged by corrosion after 3 month with Duracell, which i had on hand.

Changed the batteries in January, the lamp was not used much, but now damaged. The expiry date has not been exceeded, 8 years left.

I don't know what is wrong with Duracell.

Same experience have friends of mine.

Ralf

Duly noted. I'll maintain my battery vigilance and report back if there's issue, but I've been fortunate to not have issues with corrosive batteries in the past 10-15 years aside from some brands dying more quickly than others. Thank you for the warning.

35 - 65 - 41cv - 48sx/gx - xpander - dm42
04-05-2024, 03:56 PM
Hi,
the reason is not clear.
I suppose the problem is based on a lack of quality.

The big brands are only names that day. Savings are made in the production process. And there is no quality management at all.

All brands are affected by this.

Ralf

/41/48/
04-05-2024, 05:50 PM
Do not use N batteries. They leak.

Use rechargeable 2/3 AA. They last months with only one charge and I've never seen them leak in years.

Juat my 2 cents

Cheers

JL
04-05-2024, 06:16 PM
(04-05-2024 01:58 PM)Hiwi Wrote:  And never use Duracell in an HP41 they are corroding after a short time, when not in use.

My policy is to never use Duracell batteries, period. They seem to leak more often than any other brand. I have seen so many electronics destroyed by Duracells. I don't have scientific evidence that Duracell is worse than other brands of alkaline batteries, but it feels like it. They used to be great, in the 1980s. But after that, terrible.

My theory (no hard evidence) is that Duracell starting going downhill after 1988 when it was bought by the private equity firm KKR. That's what private equity firms do: they take over a well-respected company, making great products, with high consumer reputation. Then they institute massive cost cutting measures (labor, material, quality) to extract every bit of value out of the company, until it becomes an empty husk, and then files for bankruptcy. I cannot think of a single company or industry where private equity has actually improved a company or product after taking over.

The only exception might be Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway, if we consider that to be a 'private equity' firm. Funny enough, Duracell is now owned by Berkshire Hathaway, since 2016. So maybe their batteries have become better since then? I don't know, I don't buy Duracell batteries anymore.
04-06-2024, 07:57 PM
(04-03-2024 11:15 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Naturally the .it site shows them at 2.95€ each...

The Swiss one shows them at CHF 5.85 (!).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)