PRINT command & terminal screen need to be Renewed.
02-08-2016, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2016 04:16 PM by Spybot.)
PRINT command & terminal screen need to be Renewed.
Hello!
I've been struggling... trying to find a workaround for this command (PRINT) to do something it is not supposed to do. "display a formula in a nice way(text book format)" but it seems to be impossible at the moment (as Tim has been saying lately).
I'd like to ask HP to please give this command more capabilities in future Firmware releases.
Also... I'd wish the terminal screen weren't just a single line thing, for me that would be like unleashing beast on my HP Prime.
I hope this can be heard and make us even more proud of our HP Prime calculators.

Spybot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2016, 07:49 PM
RE: PRINT command & terminal screen need to be Renewed.
(02-08-2016 07:05 PM)compsystems Wrote:  We want a true console or terminal view, and even I can read data (Pretty Print) from the same.

I wholeheartedly agree!

smp
02-09-2016, 02:45 AM
(02-08-2016 06:09 AM)Spybot Wrote:  [...] I hope this can be heard and make us even more proud of our HP Prime calculators.

Thanks, candidly agree too!!

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
View PNG/JPG in your Prime
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2016, 03:12 PM
(02-08-2016 06:09 AM)Spybot Wrote:  trying to find a workaround for this command (PRINT) to do something it is not supposed to do. "display a formula in a nice way(text book format)"
Hi,
I don't know if console will ever be able to do such things...
but, furthermore, I would love to be able to make a grob from an formula expression (textbook)
That would work like TEXTOUT_P() for texts.

Nevertheless any console improvements are welcomed (scrolling, selecting...)

primer
02-12-2016, 05:46 PM
One thing I'm sure every one have noticed is that we're actually able to display formulas in "pretty print mode" within the Notes environment. that's all we're asking for when displaying the Print command in the terminal view.

Spybot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)