Right Arrow Character in Connectivity Kit?
02-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Right Arrow Character in Connectivity Kit?
Hello again,

I use the HP Connectivity Kit to write and edit my HP Prime programs.

I recently had the opportunity to use the R->B (real-to-binary) command, and I typed in a minus sign and a greater than sign as I did in this sentence. When I transfer my program into my Prime, I get a syntax error in between the two characters. I can delete those two characters and the use the Chars key to get a right-arrow character (on page 10 of the Chars).

How can I type the right arrow character in the HP Connectivity Kit? If I have a program with many R->B commands, it will be tedious to edit them all after I transfer my program into the Prime.

I tried looking at my program in the Prime after I edited in the correct character, but in the HP Connectivity Kit window, it displays as '->' too, so I cannot copy the correct character over from the Prime into the HP Connectivity Kit.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.

smp
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2016, 11:36 PM
RE: Right Arrow Character in Connectivity Kit?
One way is to use the Toolbox command for R→B() and place it on the emulator command line. From there, cut (cntrl-c) and paste, (contrl-v) where needed in your conn kit code. Alternatively, you can copy and paste just the arrow, which you can access from the [shift] [9] suite of chars.

-Dale-
03-01-2016, 12:22 AM
RE: Right Arrow Character in Connectivity Kit?
(02-28-2016 11:36 PM)DrD Wrote:  One way is to use the Toolbox command for R→B() and place it on the emulator command line. From there, cut (cntrl-c) and paste, (contrl-v) where needed in your conn kit code. Alternatively, you can copy and paste just the arrow, which you can access from the [shift] [9] suite of chars.

-Dale-

Thanks very much for your suggestions, Dale. Looks like I'm going to have to learn how to use the emulator. I have not used it at all so far, because I use my real Prime.

smp

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)