Improving the SwissMicro DM41L
03-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Improving the SwissMicro DM41L
Hi all,

It's my birthday today and decided to treat myself to a DM41L, in fact it arrived today just perfect for the present!

There where two annoying things, the top/back was a bit warped leaving a gap and the PCB beneath the keys was visible through the gap round the keys. The fixes where easy...

Gap, remove the second 'buzzer', it is a weeny bit to tall. I don't like buzzers so this is no problem for me, anyway the small one is still in place.

PCB visibility, I removed the PCB, masked the display and sprayed the keyboard area with matt black paint, much better.

SwissMad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2016, 04:11 PM
RE: Improving the SwissMicro DM41L
(03-03-2016 02:57 PM)swissmad Wrote:  Hi all,

It's my birthday today and decided to treat myself to a DM41L, in fact it arrived today just perfect for the present!

There where two annoying things, the top/back was a bit warped leaving a gap and the PCB beneath the keys was visible through the gap round the keys. The fixes where easy...

Gap, remove the second 'buzzer', it is a weeny bit to tall. I don't like buzzers so this is no problem for me, anyway the small one is still in place.

PCB visibility, I removed the PCB, masked the display and sprayed the keyboard area with matt black paint, much better.

SwissMad

Hello, Welcome to the forum.

You may upload pictures of your work as well if you like, as long as it are not too big.
Or you may upload them to another Internet server and point to them from your post.
Thanks!

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

03-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Welcome as well swissmad.

Jose, which photo server you could recommend? I'd like to post some photos, but I've never did it before.

TIA
03-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Two problems posting pictures, no before ones (to hasty) and I can't find the camera charger lead!
SM
03-04-2016, 12:04 AM
(03-03-2016 05:21 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  Welcome as well swissmad.

Jose, which photo server you could recommend? I'd like to post some photos, but I've never did it before.

TIA

Well, I'm using Google services since long time ago and never had troubles with it.

You may try sites.google.com to set a full site.
But if it is just for posting notes and pictures, the Blogspot is adequate and that's what I use to post my pictures here.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)