Displaying all program results in one screen
03-10-2016, 05:05 AM
Displaying all program results in one screen
Hello,

I have made a program that has many results, and I would like to display them all in just one screen, all together, like the INPUT command screen ( but not letting the user to edit them.)

lets say for example, we have as results:

A=1
B=2
C=3
D=4
( so on until)

P=17

Which command or commands are usefull?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2016, 06:12 AM
RE: Displaying all program results in one screen
Hello,

It depends how you want it displayed and what you want to do after.
PRINT will simply place text on the screen.
INPUT can be used (but is if course read/write, however, you can just discard any changes).
TEXTOUT_P and the drawing functions (along with FREEZE) can also be used to completely customize your output.

Of course, you can always just exit with a list {"A", A, "B", B ...} which will end up on the stack (with the variables replaced by their values)

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
03-10-2016, 09:43 AM
I have a similar problem , I want to display the results on the stack when in RPN mode, not in a list but one result per stack position.
With return I display the first result, then the program exits (returns).
How can I put a result on the stack without exiting the program/routine?

Thank you very much

Reto
03-10-2016, 12:32 PM
Just create a list of strings and use the choose command. That way users can also scroll the results if there are many of them. Each string can be created similar to: "P="+P;

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
03-10-2016, 12:41 PM
"TEXTOUT_P and the drawing functions (along with FREEZE) can also be used to completely customize your output."

You can place whatever you want, anywhere on the graphics screen, with these commands.

-Dale-
03-25-2016, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 01:13 AM by ACTroyman.)
Dear Eugenio

There is an HP Prime program in hpcalc.org called "Terminal" that transforms the Prime's display into an almost endless screen. You can use it or part of it as a subroutine in your program. As an example, you can download an engineering program I submitted there called "Holzer2a" in which I used this in order to output the results. Download it and take a look on the listings and on the instructions in the zip file. Good luck!

Regards,

Troyman

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)