Debug wp34s
03-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Debug wp34s
Hi,
Is it a way to debug a program in the 34s ? For example, a program mine run "on the paper" and also by pressing "SST" BUT when I run this program it is wrong !
I know that SST is not realy debuging, I have readed all my manuals but I dont' find.

Gérard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2016, 09:43 PM
RE: Debug wp34s
(03-11-2016 06:49 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  Is it a way to debug a program in the 34s ?

I think old-school manual debugging can do most of what you want. Simply insert some STOP commands at key places in the code (e.g. just after you've computed some interim value) and when it stops, inspect the stack or registers, etc. however be sure to put things back exactly as they were, including being sure of stack-lift status where you stopped, then RUN to continue.

--Bob Prosperi
03-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Hi,
Thank. It is what I was doing. So I see there is the alone way.

Gérard.
03-12-2016, 10:56 AM
(03-11-2016 06:49 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  For example, a program mine run "on the paper" and also by pressing "SST" BUT when I run this program it is wrong !

That's not possible. SST executes exactly the same steps as the running program. If it works okay while single-stepping through the program, it will also run correctly. Okay, except real-time-related commands. ;-)

Could you provide an example of where you think this is not the case?

(03-11-2016 06:49 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  I know that SST is not realy debuging

Well, I think it is. At least that's how I also debug my own programs. ;-)

Dieter
03-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Hi,
I was wrong, because messed stack registers in not allowed in 8 levels. It is clearly indication in Walter B private manual.
Then I use my program with test and flag, but I prefer Dieter's one more elegant and only 4 levels in stack. But for calculs I use my horn joe's friend in HP50g.
To debug withaout SST, I utilise STOP.

Great remerciations for you alls helps.

Gérard.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)