How About a Prime RPN Keystroke-Programmable Calculator?
03-29-2016, 06:20 PM
How About a Prime RPN Keystroke-Programmable Calculator?
Hi,

Perhaps this subject is like beating a dead horse and I might have missed it here somewhere. Has anyone given consideration to developing a (undoubtedly large) PPL program for the Prime which turns it into a touchscreen-enabled programmable RPN calculator? I know that Walter Bonin considers this platform to be "battleship" large, but I think it would be quite interesting to see a project which starts out as a simpler RPN calculator and gradually evolves into a WP-34S-class application. I suppose if I had an iOS device running the WP34S app, it wouldn't matter as much, but physical hard keys still seem superior to me for the non-menu-related stuff. Just a thought.

Thanks,
Jake
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: How About a Prime RPN Keystroke-Programmable Calculator?
I think someone was actually working on a program that was supposed to mimmick the RPL system/stack from the HP48 series. I am having a hard time finding it now but they were attempting to do it via user keys

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
04-05-2016, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2016 06:20 AM by Stevetuc.)
RE: How About a Prime RPN Keystroke-Programmable Calculator?
(03-29-2016 06:20 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  Hi,

Perhaps this subject is like beating a dead horse and I might have missed it here somewhere. Has anyone given consideration to developing a (undoubtedly large) PPL program for the Prime which turns it into a touchscreen-enabled programmable RPN calculator? I know that Walter Bonin considers this platform to be "battleship" large, but I think it would be quite interesting to see a project which starts out as a simpler RPN calculator and gradually evolves into a WP-34S-class application. I suppose if I had an iOS device running the WP34S app, it wouldn't matter as much, but physical hard keys still seem superior to me for the non-menu-related stuff. Just a thought.

Thanks,
Jake

It's been done here, by Eddie Shore :

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-3301.html
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2418.html

/Steve

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)