Woodstock Displays
04-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Woodstock Displays
There is a french TAS seller, who disassembled a bunch of Woodstock calculators and removed their displays just for offering them separately. I contacted him and got a rather unfriendly reply.
I think it is a shame to break these calculators in pieces, because all of them can be repaired and also replacement displays are available.

Nothing that can be done. It's a pity.

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2016, 10:35 PM
RE: Woodstock Displays
(04-03-2016 05:27 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  There is a french TAS seller, who disassembled a bunch of Woodstock calculators and removed their displays just for offering them separately. I contacted him and got a rather unfriendly reply.
I think it is a shame to break these calculators in pieces, because all of them can be repaired and also replacement displays are available.

Nothing that can be done. It's a pity.

Bernhard

It doesn't look like he has sold any of the displays yet. The price seems a bit steep as well, considering you can sometimes get a complete calculator for that amount of money.
I'd be more interested in the rest of the calculators, as good keyboards are the main problem (after the ACT which is not an issue any more, thanks to you Bernhard). At least a good keyboard is what most of my calculators in the parts box lack.

Cheers,
Harald
04-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Hopefully demand for these items is not high, and he won't strip any more.
I would have thought most people who dabble with these items have spares anyway.
Just goes to show what some people will wreck for money

Ray
04-04-2016, 04:02 PM
(04-03-2016 05:27 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Nothing that can be done. It's a pity.

What do you mean nothing can be done? There are French members here on the forums. They could have a discussion with the seller out behind the barn. ;-)

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
04-04-2016, 05:08 PM
(04-04-2016 04:02 PM)HP67 Wrote:  
(04-03-2016 05:27 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Nothing that can be done. It's a pity.

What do you mean nothing can be done? There are French members here on the forums. They could have a discussion with the seller out behind the barn. ;-)

I would appreciate that!

He is also responding to english language. Perhaps he should receive messages from many members, convincing him to conserve these calculators, or offer them in conservable condition, which however I think is a more optimistic scenario.

Bernhard

04-04-2016, 07:06 PM
(04-04-2016 05:08 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  Perhaps he should receive messages from many members, convincing him to conserve these calculators, or offer them in conservable condition, which however I think is a more optimistic scenario.

Initially he was offering them as a whole but he was asking a very high price for non working Woodstock, now he's trying to sell them as separate parts, still at high prices. I've been in contact with him for another item and he don't want to lower it's prices to a more reasonable level...
04-04-2016, 08:45 PM
(04-04-2016 07:06 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Initially he was offering them as a whole but he was asking a very high price for non working Woodstock, now he's trying to sell them as separate parts, still at high prices. I've been in contact with him for another item and he don't want to lower it's prices to a more reasonable level...

If he experiences, that he does not get more money for the pieces, it would stop this practice and I would be happy. As an idealist I suggested him to put the pieces together again to get more money and not to have a bad conscience. Perhaps he will think at least about one of these.
Bernhard

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)