FW10077: AFilesB() not working on Prime Rev. A
04-24-2016, 08:55 PM
FW10077: AFilesB() not working on Prime Rev. A
Hi all,

I've updated my HP Prime calculator today to the latest release and find that the AFilesB function fails to create application files. The function works fine however on the Prime emulator for both Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I'm doing a simple test as follows from the Home view
Code:

L1 := {65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70}
AFilesB("A", 0) := L1
AFiles()
AFiles("A")
AFilesB("A")

The AFiles function returns an empty list, and trying to retrieve the content with AFiles or the file length with AFilesB fails with an error message. Using a regular object assignment to AFiles does succeed.

The odd thing of course is that this works on the emulator but not the hardware Prime. I've tried reformatting C: and I still see the problem. And naturally since it's against Murphy's Law to have only one problem at a time, I find the Prime rebooting while in a Spreadsheet custom app. A reboot happens every time when using an input form associated with the Symb key in my custom app. I suspect that's due to invoking Symb in the START() view, since commenting out the call eliminated the reboot.

Is there anything else I might do to recover functionality besides reformatting C:?

~ Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2016, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2016 03:27 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: FW10077: AFilesB() not working on Prime Rev. A
Hello,

It is on the list to investigate. It is quite strange that it isn't working on the hardware. Would not have expected that at all.

Can you please send that spreadsheet to me though? That may be a different one and I can't begin to imagine how to reproduce it.

calchelp at hp.com for the email.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-25-2016, 05:32 PM
RE: FW10077: AFilesB() not working on Prime Rev. A
Hi Tim,

The spreadsheet problem seemed to be the result of cell names being truncated to no more than five characters in length. Other cells that referenced the name would then report an error. Some sheets would just generate errors but the one that caused a reboot seemed to do so whenever the spreadsheet was refreshed through a startview(2,1) or even by just getting into the numeric view and attempting to scroll or change to another cell.

The workaround was to take the original backup file made before updating the hardware Prime, loading the backup into the emulator on the PC, fixing shortened names, then saving a backup of the emulator. Loading that backup into the hardware Prime cleared up the spreadsheet crash problem. BTW, that same sheet did not cause the emulator to freeze or reboot the way the hardware calculator did.

I'll see what I can do to recover the old spreadsheet from the pre-upgrade backup and send it.

The hardware Prime failure of AFilesB() is a puzzle. In addition to formatting C: I also updated the firmware again to make sure there was no corruption. I've attached a screenshot for confirmation.

~Mark

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)