HP Prime upgrade
05-11-2016, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2016 11:24 AM by Leviset.)
HP Prime upgrade
So a new upgrade is available. I tried to post this on HP's Support Forum but it said I had "insufficient privileges"!
I've plugged Prime into USB port of wife's Windows 10 PC
I've downloaded the HP Prime emulator (why is it a free App to use on Windows but £19 on Mac?)
And it works fine. Clicked the check for updates and it completes in about 0.001 seconds so I'm pretty sure it hasn't upgraded the actual calculator. Does anyone else have these issues?

Seems problem was the connectivity USB cable supplied with the calculator changed it for a generic and everything connected and updated.
How do you now close a post?

Denny Tuckerman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2016, 04:55 PM
RE: HP Prime upgrade
(05-11-2016 04:51 PM)Leviset Wrote:  So a new upgrade is available....
Clicked the check for updates and it completes in about 0.001 seconds so I'm pretty sure it hasn't upgraded the actual calculator. Does anyone else have these issues?

hi Denny,
you can show the version clicking on Help -> Tree -> About HP Prime
It should be now:
Software version ... (10077)

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
05-12-2016, 04:50 AM
Hello

Check for update looks online to see if a new version is available. it then should look at the connected calculator and propose to update them if/as needed.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2016, 10:16 AM
(05-11-2016 04:51 PM)Leviset Wrote:  So a new upgrade is available. I tried to post this on HP's Support Forum but it said I had "insufficient privileges"!
I've downloaded the HP Prime emulator (why is it a free App to use on Windows but £19 on Mac?)
And it works fine. Clicked the check for updates and it completes in about 0.001 seconds so I'm pretty sure it hasn't upgraded the actual calculator. Does anyone else have these issues?

For updating the prime you have to install the connectivity kit and not the emulator (virtual prime). The emulator only checks for updates for itself ant not the real calculator.
03-27-2017, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2017 07:08 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
(05-11-2016 04:51 PM)Leviset Wrote:  So a new upgrade is available. I tried to post this on HP's Support Forum but it said I had "insufficient privileges"!

Seems problem was the connectivity USB cable supplied with the calculator changed it for a generic and everything connected and updated.
How do you now close a post?

To close a post you can Edit/Full Edit the post.
You could then either edit the title to say "Solved" or similar...
Or there should be a button to delete the thread.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
03-27-2017, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2017 08:14 PM by smp.)
(05-11-2016 04:55 PM)salvomic Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 04:51 PM)Leviset Wrote:  So a new upgrade is available....
Clicked the check for updates and it completes in about 0.001 seconds so I'm pretty sure it hasn't upgraded the actual calculator. Does anyone else have these issues?

hi Denny,
It should be now:

Is there really a new upgrade available?

I disagree with 10077, as mine is at 10637, and the Connectivity Kit does not indicate any upgrade being available.

Am I just being confused?

smp

UPDATE: Looks like a couple of us got fooled into posting onto an old thread by mistake. Can the Moderator please delete my post?
03-27-2017, 08:57 PM
(03-27-2017 08:11 PM)smp Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 04:55 PM)salvomic Wrote:  hi Denny,
It should be now:

Is there really a new upgrade available?

I disagree with 10077, as mine is at 10637, and the Connectivity Kit does not indicate any upgrade being available.

Am I just being confused?

smp

UPDATE: Looks like a couple of us got fooled into posting onto an old thread by mistake. Can the Moderator please delete my post?

Perhaps the moderator should delete my reply too, if it is causing confusion.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)