Floppy Days Podcast #59 on the HP41C
05-14-2016, 11:31 PM
Floppy Days Podcast #59 on the HP41C
http://floppydays.libsyn.com/floppy-days...ene-wright

Hello, all, and welcome to the next installment of the podcast that says “vintage electronics: I WANT IT”. I’m Randy Kindig and I’m your host. This episode is the first of a 2-parter on the Hewlett Packard HP-41 line of programmable calculators. The HP-41 is a seminal example of programmable calculators from the late 70’s and into the 80’s and is still very desirable and sought after today. I was lucky enough to find 2 gentlemen to co-host who are well-known among the active HP calculator community that exists today: Richard J. Nelson, who has written, edited, and published as much HP-41 material as anyone ever. And Gene Wright who is on the HP Handheld Conference Committee and he was a TI fan before becoming “hooked” on the HP-41. In this first part on the HP-41, I interview the co-hosts and then we cover the history of the calculator line in detail. Next month, with the same co-hosts, we will cover Web sites, emulation, software, and much more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-15-2016, 01:51 PM
RE: Floppy Days Podcast #59 on the HP41C
Thanks Randy for the wonderful set of podcasts. I downloaded them ALL!! Nostalgia has a special place in our hearts and minds. Those were really the happy days, when programming was MUCH simpler and albeit MUCH more limited. I am amazed that today's cheapest laptops can run circles around our beloved vintage calculators and computer.

Keep up the good work man!!

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)