HP Prime Bricked
06-01-2016, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 11:21 PM by in06khattab.)
HP Prime Bricked
Hi,

At the beginning of the exam today I was trying to reset my calculator and clear its memory. I usually press OK+SYM+HELP, the calculator restarted, but did not give me the memory clear message, so I tried it again. But still it didn't look like it was working, so while it was booting I pressed ON+APPS+ESC to see if that would clear it. But then the calculator screen appeared white for a second then remained black for the rest of the exam and still won't turn on.

I have tried resetting it by using a pin, pressing F+C+O, and pressing symb and all available methods online but the screen wont turn on. The screen is not the problem as when I connect it with a USB cable the PC also does not appear to have anything connected and won't make a noise.
I removed and replaced the battery and the battery is fully charged (reading 4.12V). I have tried connecting the calculator to other USB power sources but it refuses to turn on. I removed the battery and left it unpowered for a long time then tiered powering it on and it still won't turn on. I checked voltages appearing at the battery terminal with the USB plugged in and it is reading 4.12V. So all voltages are fine. There is another test point reading 1.8V.

It was updated to the latest 2016 firmware and was working fine before the exam. I bought it in 2013 when it came out in the UK.
Any idea on how to bring it back to life?

I made a video about it to see if anyone has any suggestions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRJtK7tsV0
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2016, 03:20 AM
RE: HP Prime Bricked
Two years ago, I have had an HP Prime just die on me. I returned it to the dealer I bought it from and received a replacement. I remember telling Tim Wessman about that experience. He was very surprised to hear of the demise of one of my HP Prime calculators. His reaction gave me the impression that such rate of total failure for the HP Prime is low.
06-01-2016, 04:35 AM
I hope your performance in the exam was not affected by this mishap.
06-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Any idea on how to bring it back to life?
06-02-2016, 03:51 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 03:57 AM by BobVA.)
Sounds like you've tried all these but, just in case, have a look at the calculator-side suggestions in this thread , particularly Tim W's postings.

Sym + Reset usually works for me.

Quote:It was updated to the latest 2016 firmware and was working fine before the exam.

Hmm, had you used the ON+Apps+Esc combo earlier with that firmware? If so, did it seem to work OK?

Bob
06-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Hi,

07-26-2016, 09:45 PM
(06-03-2016 11:21 PM)in06khattab Wrote:  Hi,

any help? Some electronic component can be damaged? eprom? Someone managed to solve this problem?

congratulations!!
08-07-2016, 08:31 PM
any ideas? esquematics electronics of the calculator?

thanks,
08-08-2016, 02:55 AM
Have you contacted support?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)