Images
06-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Images
New to the HP prime

I see you can trace images then have the calculator create the function for the line you sketched. Is there a way to use your own images for this? I have the casio fxcg10 that is suppose to do it too which was a selling point, but you cannot import your own images on it either(unless you get one from Europe from what I read)
I have the virtual calc on my phone and computer and just purchased the calculator from Amazon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2016, 09:05 PM
RE: Images
(06-08-2016 08:35 PM)iceruam Wrote:  I see you can trace images then have the calculator create the function for the line you sketched. Is there a way to use your own images for this?

Yes. If there is a jpg or png in the application directory you can use that as a background. On the phones this is a bit harder to do as you can't easily get access to the data at this point.

Using the connkit though is really easy. In your calculator tree, right click on the application name you'd like to add an image. Then pick the "add background" and pick your picture. It brings up a dialog to allow to select specific region, zoom, etc and then when you've added it - save to send to the calc/emu (not phone emu yet).

Quote:I have the casio fxcg10 that is suppose to do it too which was a selling point, but you cannot import your own images on it either(unless you get one from Europe from what I read)

Yup. That is the only difference between the US only one and the rest of the world. Basically, I'm sure the thinking was that the instant a student - *gasp* - loaded a nude picture onto the calculator and a teacher saw it all casio calculators would be banned... [eyeroll]

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
06-09-2016, 01:14 PM
I feel much better now. Thanks!
06-09-2016, 06:41 PM
My calculator arrived today, I was able to import the images I wanted Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)