Bug: One of my procedures is missing
06-23-2016, 05:59 PM
Bug: One of my procedures is missing
In this code one of my procedures is missing from the list of exported procedures when you select Run...Trivial changes to the source change whether it's the CAS or non-CAS version that disappears.
On Android.

Code:

// StephenG1CMZ 2016

LST_HasDups (LST,AnsBOOL)
 BEGIN
 END;

EXPORT IZ_HasDups(LST)
 BEGIN
 END;

EXPORT Z_LST_WRONG_Once(LST)
 BEGIN
 END;

EXPORT Z_LST_WRONG_OnceCAS(LST)
 //As LST_Once: Using CAS. 
 BEGIN
 END;

EXPORT Z_POS_HasDups(LST)
 BEGIN
 END;

EXPORT Z_LST_WRONG()
 BEGIN
 END;

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: Bug: One of my procedures is missing
I have written out a new file and get the same results, so it's not a spurious character in the file.
And I have changed "CAS" into something else, in case that wasn't being seen as part of the procedure name.

No change.

06-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Hi Stephen,
I have not tried your code, but maybe that depends on your naming as one of your procedures is called: Z_LST_WRONG_OnceCAS(LST) and another one is called: Z_LST_WRONG_Once(LST), finally there is a third one: Z_LST_WRONG() . May be that the prime cannot distinct two or three nearly same named routines, perhaps because that are simply too many characters, I would try two different names, as I guess that one of these is missing.
One last remark: if you had explained which one was missing you would perhaps have got help earlier/more.
Arno
Find all posts by this user
06-25-2016, 08:10 PM
(06-25-2016 06:23 PM)Arno K Wrote:  Hi Stephen,
I have not tried your code, but maybe that depends on your naming as one of your procedures is called: Z_LST_WRONG_OnceCAS(LST) and another one is called: Z_LST_WRONG_Once(LST), finally there is a third one: Z_LST_WRONG() . May be that the prime cannot distinct two or three nearly same named routines, perhaps because that are simply too many characters, I would try two different names, as I guess that one of these is missing.
One last remark: if you had explained which one was missing you would perhaps have got help earlier/more.
Arno

I am seeing Once but not OnceCAS but earlier i had a global variable before the first procedure,
LOCAL TM;
and then I saw OnceCAS but not Once.
If I insert
EXPORT ZZ() BEGIN END
Between the two procedures, I then see both the procedures I want and not ZZ.

I understand names are meant to be 31 characters, so that _shouldnt_ be an issue, but havent shortened them yet. I have also changed AnsBOOL to ABOOL in case Ans was confusing, but no change.

06-25-2016, 08:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2016 08:59 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
Here is a simpler version. The procedure missing is runnable from the main procedure.

Code:

// StephenG1CMZ 2016

EXPORT Z_L()
 BEGIN
  MSGBOX("NOT MISSING");
 END;

EXPORT Z_WHY()
 BEGIN
  MSGBOX("MISSING");
 END;

EXPORT Z_LST_WHY()
 BEGIN
  Z_WHY(); //RUNS MISSING PROC OK
 END;

If it is relevant, both the first item and the last item on the Run list seem the same: they both seem to run the main procedure in the file.

06-25-2016, 09:19 PM
I have a program called tst to test things in and copied your 3 routines below. Only tst is seen in he program-list and running it yields a choose-box with your 3 and my program, that works fine. From Toolbox/User/tst its the same. The names of your programs can then manually be entered from the command line, they work like expected. But I do not find them at any other place.
Arno
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)