HP 35s demonstration videos on Youtube
07-15-2016, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2016 12:40 AM by Logan.)
HP 35s demonstration videos on Youtube
As another member noted on a different thread, I'd put up some videos regarding the HP 35s. I had initially looked for some quick-start guides for things like integration and equation solving and didn't find much on the HP 35s at all, which is a shame as it really is a nice calculator, for the most part. Despite its faults, everything is quickly accessible and the programming is really quick and easy to understand. Some of its features I even consider an improvement on the 42s.

Anyway, I finished the last few videos I wanted to do and here is the playlist. I hope some people may find it helpful in the future. I'm just getting the information out there for future reference in case anyone goes looking for something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...uIwYip8JUv
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2016, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2016 09:32 AM by Didier Lachieze.)
RE: HP 35s demonstration videos on Youtube
(07-15-2016 12:40 AM)Logan Wrote:  I had initially looked for some quick-start guides for things like integration and equation solving and didn't find much on the HP 35s at all, which is a shame as it really is a nice calculator, for the most part.

There used to be several training modules for the HP 35s on the HP website but I can't find them right now.
You can anyway find a copy of the related page here: HP 35s Usage guides for scientists & engineers, and you can download all available training modules for the HP 35s here.
07-15-2016, 02:17 PM
I have seen some of those, and while thorough, they are horribly formatted for reading and much too long to get a quick demonstration of something. If I'm trying to give someone an introduction to a feature, the last thing I want to do is throw a stack of PDFs at them!

Oh, and I've decided that I'd like to get back some of the investment of my time that I put into these videos. So I won't be making them freely available, because helping others and sharing knowledge and enjoyment just isn't in my personal best interest.

Plus, I had to buy the calculator and even though I still own the hardware and can use it as much as I like, others would be able to see how it works without me getting a return. I mean, I wouldn't want anyone else to enjoy looking at something I bought, even if it didn't affect me at all.

(sorry, couldn't resist the snark) :-)
07-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Logan, I think one can actually edit an expression in ALG mode on the 35s, see the first video at 0:50.

Also, you mentioned that the 35s can't do matrices (starting at 12:11), while true, I think you could haved added that it can solve systems of linear equations (up to 3x3) and could have also mentioned bug 18. Of course this only a suggestion.

I like your videos.
07-15-2016, 03:02 PM
Thanks Marcio. You're correct, you can edit an expression, what I should have said is you can't edit past expressions (since there is no history), just the current one. I still think as an algebraic mode calculator, this one just isn't very good, but I'm okay with that.

I did another video on the 2x2 and 3x3 solver. But that still doesn't show the determinant or multiply matrices so I didn't think it worth mentioning in the matrix part.

I've added your suggestions in the description sections of the appropriate videos.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)