relaunch project hewlett packard logicdart
07-19-2016, 02:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2016 02:18 AM by compsystems.)
relaunch project hewlett packard logicdart
Hello, I found a product with the interface HP48 series calculators, Why not launch the project with hp-prime hardware ?

[Image: hp48dart.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2016, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-21-2016 08:01 AM by Graan.)
RE: relaunch project hewlett packard logicdart
Interesting product. But I think its not easy to get one. Found one on E-Bay for 450 USD. Wonder if it comes with the probes? Seems the probes were special for this device.
Today there are a lot of USB logic analyzers quite cheap. But you have to connect to a computer or tablet.

Would be really nice to get an interface to HP Prime so you can connect different instruments. With the color screen and possibility to do data analyze would be a handy tool. But seems that will never happen.

I use Digilent Analog Discovery http://store.digilentinc.com/analog-disc...er-supply/

Has really nice software for both analog and digital signals.
07-21-2016, 04:52 PM
(07-19-2016 02:03 AM)compsystems Wrote:  Why not launch the project with hp-prime hardware ?

The LogicDart was the result of a collaboration between the calculator group and the test and measurement group within HP. However the test and measurement group was split to Agilent in November 1999 and is not part of HP anymore, so I doubt that such a product based on the Prime hardware can be designed now. I don't see it fitting in the current HP product lines.
07-28-2016, 06:31 PM
(07-21-2016 04:52 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  
(07-19-2016 02:03 AM)compsystems Wrote:  Why not launch the project with hp-prime hardware ?

The LogicDart was the result of a collaboration between the calculator group and the test and measurement group within HP. However the test and measurement group was split to Agilent in November 1999 and is not part of HP anymore, so I doubt that such a product based on the Prime hardware can be designed now. I don't see it fitting in the current HP product lines.

Shameless plug - On June 5th, 1997, HP's Eric Vogel (of HP32S-II, HP-41 Petroleum Fluids PAC, HP-75 Visicalc, HP48 Equation Library Card and HP-95LX fame) visited our Philly Area PPC group and spent 4 hours presenting the Logic Dart, which he spearheaded, following the transfer of the calculator group out of Corvallis, Oregon and over to Singapore. The entire presentation was videotaped and is still available on 2 DVDs if people are interested. Check http://www.pahhc.org/video.htm.

Jake
07-28-2016, 07:49 PM
Do you remember if the LogicDart display was leveraged from the one used the HP 48 or if it was specifically designed for the LogicDart ?
07-29-2016, 08:22 PM
(07-28-2016 07:49 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Do you remember if the LogicDart display was leveraged from the one used the HP 48 or if it was specifically designed for the LogicDart ?

I think it was the same, but I will need to re-watch the video to be sure.

Jake
07-29-2016, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2016 12:27 AM by Sylvain Cote.)
(07-29-2016 08:22 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  
(07-28-2016 07:49 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  Do you remember if the LogicDart display was leveraged from the one used the HP 48 or if it was specifically designed for the LogicDart ?

I think it was the same, but I will need to re-watch the video to be sure.

Jake

Since I have all Jake's video it was fun to watch it! Smile

LogicDart introduced at 8m and the display question came up at 11m30s.

The answer was that the project started with the 48 display and they had it redone by another vendor.
It has the same resolution, better contrast, no annunciators and vertical pixels is 10% bigger.

E2310A LogicDart Advanced Logic Probe SpecSheet and User's Guide

Sylvain

PS: Thank you very much Jake for having recoded those events.
PPS: Jake, about the 2015 HHC videos, any progress ?

edit1: typo
edit2: manuals

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)