Question for 41CL users
07-26-2016, 05:27 PM
Question for 41CL users
Back in the very beginning I reserved several mnemonics (XXXA-XXXF) and locations in Flash for user's custom images. This was before I wrote the functions that allow anyone to add an IMDB entry, or even thought of doing it. But the Flash is getting full, and the functions to edit the IMDB are there, so what do users think about my using those spaces in Flash for new images and getting rid of the XXXA-XXXF mnemonics? You can still add your own custom mnemonics, and place your custom images anywhere you want...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2016, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2016 06:11 PM by Ángel Martin.)
RE: Question for 41CL users
I've never used those general-purpose mnemonics, really never needed to given the other means at hand to manage the IMDB and flash space.
Find all posts by this user
07-26-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: Question for 41CL users
(07-26-2016 05:27 PM)Monte Dalrymple Wrote:  Back in the very beginning I reserved several mnemonics (XXXA-XXXF) and locations in Flash for user's custom images. This was before I wrote the functions that allow anyone to add an IMDB entry, or even thought of doing it. But the Flash is getting full, and the functions to edit the IMDB are there, so what do users think about my using those spaces in Flash for new images and getting rid of the XXXA-XXXF mnemonics? You can still add your own custom mnemonics, and place your custom images anywhere you want...

If I understand correctly, the general-purpose mnemonics (as Angel named them) are sort of redundant/obsolet since the advent of the IMDB functions and to sacrifice them just would mean to give up a fixed reserved location in Flash for custom Images? If so, the decision is whether to trade some "Flash-structure" for new Images ... Even though most probably I won't need either functionality very soon, I'm undecided really ...
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)